Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

please help with this frizz ball

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Some people can be some ignorant. And just the fact that they yelled it from across the terminal, they were probably some hicks that think they have something to prove.

Your hair is gorgeous. I'd bet they were really saying it to get your attention. They probably thought you were hot, and haven't grown up passed that elementary school phase when boys hit girls they like because they don't know what else to do

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 03:31:28PM
Jai2
@jai2
12 years ago
15 posts

like everyone else has said, dont do anything and just leave them be and theyll fix themselves. palm rolling will only make them look neater for about 2 minutes, so constantly rolling them and doing damage is not worth it. the messy stage can be tough to get through, but youll be in it for several months ahead. try to learn to love your hair the way it is. i myself am getting to 6 months shortly, and am still in the messy stage. it bothered me for a bit, but to me my dreads will be worth the wait. something you can do as well as coming here for encouragement, try to think of dreadlocks as an obstacle course marathon. you must get through the troubles others try to give you as well as the inhibitions you give yourself in order to come on top, the prize being your own unique and beautiful locks.

TR
@..
12 years ago
7 posts

Thanks guys. another problem im having is like if a hair gets caught on something and creates this huge loop.. not like a normal natural one... idk what do to with those. or how to tuck them back in.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Loops are good, regardless the size. If you try to tuck them in you'll break more hairs causing more fuzz. I have a suggestion, do with it what you will. Remove or cover your mirrors. Quit looking at them, it's just causing you an incredible amount of stress. Ditch the mirrors, wash every 2-3 days
Jai2
@jai2
12 years ago
15 posts

ive had that happen with a coat hook lol. dont try to force or tuck loops in though. sometimes you can gently pull down if the dread is kinked up like that and itll kinda fix that. the best thing would be just to let it be and it should tighten back up but if it really really bothers you you can hold the dread with one hand just above the loop and GENTLY pull the loose loop hairs out and leave them be to become part of the dread again. if the loops are long the top and wont come out easily though i really wouldnt suggest doing this. since you had some backcombing/teasing done the absolute best thing is to leave it alone to avoid more damage.

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Don't do nothing to them, don't do or go anywhere for "maintenece" cause it's just a complete waste of time and money! Don't do anything to them but wash 2-3 times a week! Get a shampoo bar from www.dreadlockshampoo.com ! The only kind of maintenece you should do it just wash and separate every so often! Paitence is a virtue when it comes to dreadlocks no matter if you used twist and rip, backcomb or even natural. It all just takes time and paitence! Just whatever you do, DO NOT use wax! Leave them alone to do what they want!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Oops, I wasn't done!Separate when needed, and let go. One of the greatest results in this journey is learning patience, acceptance and letting go of control. Stop tryin to control your hair and your hair will quit controlling you. Accept the frizz and the loops, matter how frizzy and loopy it gets. If it doesn't loops and loosen and get crazy it won't dread. Take a deep breath, cover the mirrors and let go. That's all you need to do for your hair. And wash it, don't forget to wash it.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form