Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Fat beads

stephen
@stephen
4 years ago
12 posts
My dreads are rather fat and large. Most people have a minimum of say 30 ish locks and are considered large or fat, I have a total of 13 or 14 so they are typically huge. My question is has any 1 else with fat locks had problems finding beads? I only ask because I have recently found a place to get some with holes up to 2cm or 20 mm, and don't know if it would be worth selling them. Thanks again
updated by @stephen: 01/13/15 10:04:14PM
Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
4 years ago
37 posts

Mine are still babies and growing (5.5 months in the natural process), but I've been looking in to options just from a cost standpoint. Have you thought about making your own? You can buy clay from a craft store and make the beads as wide as you need in a variety of colors or combine colors. You can also inlay wire before baking to hang charms from them and stuff like that if that's what you like. I bought some clay to try it but haven't gotten there yet. Just a thought...

stephen
@stephen
4 years ago
12 posts
I have actually tryed this already. It works very well the only problem is as they get quite large the clay gets very heavy, enough that u can feel them dragging u down. I used them for the first year, think I still have 1 or 2 that fit the thin ones but about 3 years in they have grown a lot lol. And the wooden ones are only 30c each lol so no real loss if I lose them. Tho if the clay works for u go for it a $5 block of clay makes roughly 10-20 beads depending
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form