Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP !! SAVE MY BEARD .....

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Okay so i have an 8-9 month old beard, im not sure.. its started twisting slightly and i feel that its goin to lock up. .!

i really dont mind this at all and im excited about it. but very recently its got really itchy. not that its the same everytime, but when it itches, it really itches... and when i scratch out of sheer irritation i just keep going on (cos its relieving) and then i see lil tiny white flaky dots coming out.. its so annoyingly scary and it even freaks me out sometimes cos i dont wanna have skin problems on my face (or anywhere for that matter)..

if this goes on i will HAVE to shave it off.. which is my last option. my head hardly itches, but my beard really does at times.. what should i do..?

updated by @ojas-acharya: 01/13/15 09:50:28PM
Karma2
@karma2
11 years ago
5 posts
Tea tree oil! I use it on my scalp and it keeps the itches away. Just make sure to dilute it well as tea tree can be toxic in high doses.
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

hi robyn, i wash my hair with bs/acv and essential oils. i used to just wash the beard with a normal soap which i used for having a bath.. some days back i mixed 4 drops each of rosemary and lavender oils in a glass of water and poured it on the beard.. it doesnt itch after the wash.. but much later in the evening or at night, or the next day... in short bursts...

..it doesnt itch at all right now as im typing this reply, i washed it today in the morning.... just with water this time.. but was itching some time back. its late night here at this moment.

it may itch again tomorow... when it itches its really annoying.. :(

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

thanx robyn, i was goin to try the bs/acv wash next time.. with rosemary, lavender, tea tree and peppermint oils. hope that helps. i just dont want to shave this .. its summer time, temperatures here are very high, close to 40 degree celcius. and i stay close to the ocean n its very humid too. that does no good to my condition either i guess lol.

And thank goodness u dont have a beard..!! that would have been god's greatest mistake. u are so cute. loved that pic of urs in which ur wearing ur new headband.. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form