Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo

HELP! Dreads are falling out !

spacekitten2
@spacekitten2
6 years ago
1 posts

Hi all! I am in serious need of advice on what to do with my dreads.

So 6 months ago I decided to stop combing most of my hair to form dreads, except for the top layer and some of the hair in the front. I palm rolled occasionally in the first three months then stopped. Now I only separate them when needed and wash about every 7 to 10 days with dread-friendly shampoo. My hair was down to my hips before I decided to do this, and it is naturally straight and quite fine, but there is A LOT of it. 

The tips of my hair have shrunken like crazy and now my sorta-dreaded hair only comes to a little past my shoulders! Which is awesome! And the ones in the back are the shortest now and thickest- seems promising! However, the rest are quite thick and dread-like at the ends, a little at the roots for some of the locks, but so thin in the middle!!! 4 have fallen out already because of this, and there are 4 or 5 more like this that are quite thick at the ends but almost as skinny as a just a few strands of hair in the middle all the way up to the root. What should I do??

Should I pull these other 5 skinny locks out, try to combine them into thicker lock, or what? I am totally lost and have no idea what I am doing. Any constructive advice is very much appreciated. <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,639 posts

fall out or fall off can you provide pics

did te ends come off 

they maybe fine or you can simply let tem combine by not separating

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus