Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Eyes Opened (my twist and rip timeline, with some mistakes in the middle)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its not a matter of inconvinience with it takimng longer to dry its the risk of mold is drasticly increased when it takes extra days to dry

and all rubbing is harnmfulo

Spencer Mcduffy said:

I could understand if using harmful methods to blunt, but root rubbing, or simply cutting them at an angle as you mentioned seem perfectly fine to me. If they want to wait on them to dry thats their personal choice right?

Spencer Mcduffy said:

How could it possibly seem logical to say that blunting the ends by cutting is perfectly ok, but doing it for cosmetic reasons is harmful? that just makes absolutely no sense. I think you may be more concerned with people remaining completely natural than the actual health of the loc...

Baba Fats said:

They look much better now. Did you manage to get all the wax out, or are you just banking on hoping it's all out from how they feel? Wax tends to stick around long after you think it's all gone. It's just hidden deep inside.

As for blunting, why did you decide to do it? Blunting adds hours and hours to it's drying time. Some of mine blunted on their own, and now it can take an easy 24 hours to completely dry. I understand people cutting them when they get longer than they want. In that case they will blunt, but to do it intentionally for cosmetic reasons is harmful to your locks.

I'm glad you realized how damaging and time consuming maintenance is. Hopefully you'll enjoy your locks more now that you are letting them be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 12:19:54AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

That's what I meant, Eagle. Blunting in any case is harmful. Cutting them will almost always leave them to be blunt unless you spend time trying to undo them. I can understand people wanting to cut them because they get too long for their liking. But to cut them just because they want blunted tips seems irresponsible.

It is up to the person, themselves. We'll always be here to help give advice on how to dry them faster for those who bunted.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

I don't have anything constructive to add here but this thread made me reminisce in a bad way as to the hot trend of blunt cutting braided weave then dipping the tips in wax to keep them nice looking. Oh my. When someone wore that for quite a while, whew! Yes, mildew is definitely a danger. And WAX?!! Ye gods. That's inviting trouble right in the front door with a welcome sign, festive hors d'oeuvres, and a nicely alcoholic beverage.

Why would you need to undo even a section of a lock to cut it at an angle? I've had to do it a few times(swished my hair through some not-so-glamorous stuff) and didn't have any issues. Just snip! and voila.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form