Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Journey From Waxy Salon Dreads to My NOW Wax-Free Natural Dreads!

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

I hung out with a chick the over the weekend who used wax and she said the wax got all over everything. she showed me a picture of some guy with 'dreads' here and he uses wax. dude his hair looked like hard spider legs, it just didn't look normal, really like spiky spider legs. it totally threw me off wanting my dreads to be waxy.

this chick tells me it's not okay to scratch my scalp with a pic to just leave it alone which is nearly impossible she also told me not to wash my hair for like a month or a week, and i've read what ppl say on here about all that. but do you think scratching my scalp will loosen the locking process

updated by @zero: 07/24/15 10:44:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no it wont but use your fingers instead

1 thing scratching can do is fuerher iritate the scalp though complicating the prov=ble so ry to resist or be gentle ..i know itches are hard to resist and drive u crazuy

what u wash with may eliminate the itch complete,ly

sounds like this chick didnt learn much from her waxy mistakes

i hope u told her to drop by here

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

yeah i was like you should join but watev is it true the itch only lasts for like a week or a month till your scalp gets used to it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not nesaxcarily its more itchy at 1st as your scalp adjusts but based on your scalp youir skin chemistry what u wash with how often etc etc it can keep itching but if it does finding the right wash will help the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps have made mine totaly itch free which it never was all these years but came close with the bs some stuff just didnt help and it got bad..but my scalp was also chemicaly damaged by drs.. now its the best its ever been

--
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

okay i'll check that out if this doesn't get better thanks

Joshua Earl Lee Darnell
@joshua-earl-lee-darnell
12 years ago
10 posts

I am using the bucks county shampoo and couldn't be happier for what it has done for my hair and scalp!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

same with me and now 100% itch free for the 1st time in 20+ years

--
Little Wing
@little-wing
12 years ago
41 posts

They look super cool! :)