Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Journey From Waxy Salon Dreads to My NOW Wax-Free Natural Dreads!

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i'm confused. did the salon just slap wax on sections of hair? no backcombing and such? i'm happy you were able to remove it. your hair knots up fast! it took me a long time to see knots forming in my hair. lucky girl:)

updated by @heather: 07/22/15 07:27:10AM
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

hi heather :) the salon backcombed/twisted my hair, while using knotty boy wax and hair spray. so it was vigorously backcombed. my "dreads" from the salon were very small and loose though. i washed it with dish soap and vinegar soaked the wax out within 72 hours. it was easier to get out because my dreads were new and very thin and loose. but some of the initial backcombing and all that DID stay in after i washed the wax out. so it expedited my knotting. my hair is also very long, and fine and straight. it honestly knots easily. it blows around in the wind and flows easily so it has always knotted up easily.

i believe i have removed all of the wax. i've washed 5 times with dish soap, and soaked 2 times in vinegar (undiluted). i also did a baking soda rinse/soak. so i think all that wax is gone now. i honestly think the mess that the salon caused, and the distress on my hair from de-waxing made my hair knot easier.

Heather said:

i'm confused. did the salon just slap wax on sections of hair? no backcombing and such? i'm happy you were able to remove it. your hair knots up fast! it took me a long time to see knots forming in my hair. lucky girl:)

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

wax is great. wax isn't evil like everyone here seems to think. Just make sure you get wax that has no petroleum jelly and you'll be good.

I use wax and it works wonders and it all washes out every time i wash my hair. I have dread head hq wax and shampoo, i love it.

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

l

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dude it uis an illusion it prevents dreading it does not wash out ever you gotta be a total newbn to think wax is good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your ruining your dreads if its not so bad then wehy did thousands and thousands shave their heads due to wax?

a willing victim is still a victim your allowimng yourself to be scammed

why the hell would you put wax in your dreads knowing its destri=oyed thousands of dreads?

or are u just sa rroll on someone elses account?

--
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

dude i met a guy who had such awesome, tightly locked dreads i asked him how he did it he said he used small amounts of wax on his dreads kept em on for three days

washed em out and put it back on and did that for 6 weeks to start with he's had his dreads for 5 years and they are super tight and neat and he said all the wax came out

i've put wax in my hair and when i wash with clarifying shampoo it all comes out. i've been told by many ppl not to use wax and when i investigate them further they have never used wax themselves

i'm sure some ppl used bad wax / put way too much on/ didn't wash with clarifying shampoo and have ruined their dreads but my dreads personally are very good

it should be noted that the amount of wax i use per dread is a very very very small amout, about the size of half the area of an eraser head on a pencil.

And another important thing is to use clarifying shampoo bought at a salon supply store that strips out all chemicals and oils and leaves behind no residue. to wash the wax out about every three days

i don't think wax is crucial to having dreads but for ppl who have thin straight hair like me it def helps keep a neater tighter form, For Me At Least

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how can it they cant tighten thry are glued togethetr thats all and wax does not wash ouit even with clarifying shampoo o[=itsd extremely hard to remove evcen with industrial strength sovents

if you put wax in once ..it stops the dreading

his so tight dreads were jusat caked in wax

and almost no waxy sdreads last 5 years they must have stunk

and again your wrong straight hair dreads just fine without wax

better in fact

your ruining your hair

thousands have chopped off waxy dreads to srtart ovber so you meet 1 gyuy too dumbn to remove the wax and u believe him over the thousands that ruined theuirs?

he didnt even reealize his were just glued togetherr not dreading

--
Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

Your dreadlocks are looking very good :) how long are you going to let them grow Washing your hair with dish soap prob isn't the best way to get wax out without salon grade clarifying shampoo this wax really won't come out at all without tons of struggle

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

everyu dreasdhead that knows anythuing about dreads knows not to use wax.. thats rule number 1.. millions will warn you not to fall for that scam and it is a scam

it only glues hair together..even after 5 years itr will not dread! only looks like dreads cause its all hair caked in wax

what about wax makes you logicly think wax is good for dreads?

its pure residue

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form