Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Journey From Waxy Salon Dreads to My NOW Wax-Free Natural Dreads!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

the next couple washes use the bar or liquid u got from thtat shop they are amazing and will probly help the exzema (my scalps never been so happy but i use the bars which i think are even better)

if u still find more wax space em out a lil more ..the wax removals i mean so your not traumatizing your scaklp

and yea the wax pushers piss us all off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 07:27:06AM
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

will do. thank you very much. this sure is a wake up call about wax. i know it's new for me, since i just discovered all of this. i just don't understand how these companies haven't caught on that their products are absolutely insane. well. anyhow. THANK YOU so much again. peace to you, and you are a very kind heart. thank you.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

we had a debate with jonny clean we showed him all the problems with wax he promiced to reform

his grreeedy way of reforming was putting up a beta site with some 1/2 assed info on dreading without wax while still claiming its better abdeasier to dread witgh wax and offering a wax remover ..a harsh chemical 1 free if u can prove you only used his wax or 30 bucks if u used others and again claiming that only other companies wax should cayse issues

i think what it will take to get em to stop is a lawsuite and possibly a death and since wax is flamable and makes dreads a fire trap if theres enough wax in them someday its bound to happen

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

oh and took him nearly 2 years to do that too

--
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

yep he'd be pretty easy to set on fire... gives a new meaning to the term "candlelight vigil" ;)

i'm not violent at all .. just joking. but yeah that guy is like a used-car salesman who doesn't care about anything but the bottom line.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

its just him and his gf and they live in a mansion with 10 bedrooms and 8 1/2 bathrooms .. why do 2 ppl need 8 bathrooms? (unless its cause all the wax clogging the pipes they can only keep 1 working at a time?)

its pure greed is what it is

--
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

WOW - they live in a mansion? now that is purely greed - and very corporate ... what is very irritating is how the gal who did my dreads at the salon raved about that company and said how it's so "local" and "small" and "all natural" etc - as if it was a friendly person making handmade soaps and stuff in their kitchen. far from it. very very scary.

soaring eagle said:

its just him and his gf and they live in a mansion with 10 bedrooms and 8 1/2 bathrooms .. why do 2 ppl need 8 bathrooms? (unless its cause all the wax clogging the pipes they can only keep 1 working at a time?)

its pure greed is what it is

Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

SO this is after another day of washing in attempts to finish removing wax. I got more out, and have meticulously inspected every single baby dread that is forming and have only found 3 that have tiny tiny bits of wax remaining - like little specs that i can pretty much spot clean out in the sink. i'm very satisfied. my hair is SO SOFT right now. like baby hair. it is knotty in the bottom several inches, but still soft, loose, and moves when i shake my head. not waxy at all :-D ... i'm going out in the country for several days and i'll be just leaving it the heck alone to do what nature wants :) so i guess this is just another update photo. lots of baby dreads that are fragile but still holding their own!

updated by @sarah-weathers: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Addison Hoop Love :)
@addison-hoop-love
12 years ago
7 posts

They look so wonderful and healthy now!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Wow Sarah! Your hair looks a lot better now than with the wax. I bet they feel lighter too. :)

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form