dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

african salon caucasian hair wax twists/comb coils disaster

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good choice now tnr tips

twist the sectuion dont gotta be extremely tight just lightly twisted split the section in 2 ..not 1/2 and 1/2 ddo the splits randombly pull apart put together split in a totaly new spot pull apart put together the 1st several; pulls wont seem to be doing alot till you get a lil base knottiness going once u got some knots it will get faster and do more some pulls u may only want to have the tiniest pinch of hair in 1 hand almost all in the other the more random it is the better

retwist every so often not every pull maybe every 10-16 pulls

dont worry bout loose hairs dont worry if the 1srt ones look braidlike that will facde the more random the less braided lii[]ooking it will be

they dont gotta be super tight ither as long as they are toyght enough to hold together through a couple gentle washes

now when your all finnished no need to not wash for weeks tho waiting a couple days is goode

when you start to feel dirty it6chy or oily wash

washing every 3 days is probly optimal for most some every other day some only weekly but wouldnt go beyond a week

if any secvtions seem to really wanna loosen up too much toss a bead on it

byut

they will loosen a good bit 1sty b4 tightening so dont l]lp;annic

tnr is an uneaacry step

ifd all u do is wash and slep they dread so if they fall out they stoll will dread right back up..dont pabnic its all part of the process

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 04:21:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh yea sectioning tips too

if you make a 1 inch section then tnr the resulting dread can be only 1/4 inch but as it matures wuill thicken to the section size of 1 inch

so they will look way thinner when you make them then they will be in the end

so keep that in mind

you do not need square sections in checkerboards you can make any size and shape

ionly thing to watch out for is alot of hair that roots come from inside 1 section crossing over into another if they do donr pannich early seperating will take care of that just u will have to seperate more from the start if they are criss crossed

thin dreads are bout pensil sized 1/8 to 1/4 inch medium 1/2 inch or nicler sized

thick dreads biyt an inch or bout a quarter size

a mix of sizes will look less manufactured in the end

more even sizes will look more cultivated

placement even placements ..like in lines or checlerboards looks silly more random placements looks more natural and blends better

--
Nikki K
@nikki-k
12 years ago
6 posts

Im white and i have really bonestraightfine hair likeyourself. I dont think you need to do the dreadlock removal wax thing this soon. They arent even formed yet or anything... you can pull them apart lol..use normal drug store shampoo and conditioner(that'll make it soft... and just comb it all out (maybe use alittle hot water but be carefull) Anyways I know my hair will mat if i use nothing but just alittle backcombing and from sleeping on them, the BIG thing is sleeping on them) they are rubbing together and moving and making more knots as i sleep.. Your totaly safe! just shampoo/conditioner everything out again..grab it in sections..then tease your hair like hell add a few knocks here and there then sleep on everything to make it mat... :) palm rolling helps alot too with the flatties, do that right out of the shower. it helped ALOT with mine. and NEVER EVER use wax again...lol

Nikki K
@nikki-k
12 years ago
6 posts

Ohh yes and grabbing uneven sections is the best way i think...it will make them look less uniformed...but it depened what you like :/ and dont forget your back. if you do them by even section you dont want a big line down the back of your head so you'll have to go criss cross(zig zag pattern)...also I would suggest working on the sides of your head first and working towards your back.....you dont want to work one side to the other and end up with less dreads on the one side of your head.lol

Nikki K
@nikki-k
12 years ago
6 posts

Yeah true about THAT!.. the wax will stiffen your hair even more! and it will be harder to get out...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wax is evil sti=uff even in straight hair try soaking in apple cider vinager 10 min then use the hottest water u can stand and drawn dish soap .. very hot like near scolding but not burn your scalp

Jamie Redman said:

I washed several times, and used dawn. Still seems a lil matty, and oily. I washed 5 times! should I let it dry, then wash again? Maybe wait a day before TnR? If theres a lil residue will it be alright?

--
west of tazzmania
@west-of-tazzmania
12 years ago
20 posts

get that wax out n go natural use the ba/acv to wash it works wonders when forming dreads

nas
@nas
11 years ago
1 posts
People wax ain't that bad,if you use it moderately why people always trying to scare other people so they can do their hair just one way ??? Natural,natural,come on!!! I use wax and my hair fine bi make sure I wash it very well
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Nas, We don't promote only 1 way of locking. Sure many of use love the natural method, which is the healthiest. but it's not the only way. There are a few starter methods that we promote as well. TnR and back combing are fine.

But the problem with wax is that if you don't use a detergent, it'll NEVER wash out. Wax is a hydrocarbon. Normal soaps and water don't interact with hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbons are hydrophobic. They don't react with water. So water, won't break them down. Most soaps are water based. Detergents aren't. Detergents have different chemical properties that react with hydrocarbons, making them able to clean them out. I could go into the chemistry of it, but that's not the point of this.

Since water and normal soap doesn't wash out was, it just builds up over time, weighs your locks down, and causes rot and mold to grow in your hair. Why does it cause mold? Because some water does get trapped in your locks. But because of the wax, it can't get out, and doesn't evaporate. Instead, it sits there, stagnates and decomposes your hair. It's like a swamp forming on your head. As more water accumulates in your locks, more and more hair gets decomposed.

Why doesn't your hair fall out after it decomposes? Because wax is sticky. The wax never gets washed out, and remains sticky in your hair. It glues your hair together and keeps it in place. You'd never know i was rotting until you wash the wax out. If you use oils or other scented products, you wouldn't smell the mold. Once you get a detergent and wash out the wax, depending on how much was used, and how long it was used for, you'd lose a considerable amount of hair.

All of that, not to mention that wax dries and gets hard when it dries. This makes your locks stiff and hard. Locks should never be stiff. The most mature healthy locks are soft and spongy

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form