Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

About wax...

Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

Just for the sake of argument and fair competition if you will.

The positive aspect of wax and the reason why it is used. It holds your hair together longer and better thananythingelse.

In fact it is so good at it that it becomes the root of the problems stated by the Barrellady

updated by @rafael-rodriguez: 07/13/15 12:09:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wax has no possitive effects except to trick the nieve into believing that dreads are getting mature just cause wax is hardening inside them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

starts as a solid form and returns to a solid form whats good about a waterproof..and solid.. residue thats even worse then dread wax as its alot harder to remove

KaraElla said:

I have actually heard that when PURE bees wax is used it isn't supposed to be as bad.... ? I've read that pure bees wax comes in a solid form and has to be melted down to use. It does not contain petroleum which I know is a dreadlock no-no. I have not done extensive research on this because i have no plans on using wax. However I have wondered about this information myself. Regardless, I would always suggest to not use it. To me it seems like wax, whether pure or not, is hard and stiff and would do nothing to help the locking process.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I love discussions, so it is now the prosecutors turn again, Rafael was for the defense team:

The only positive aspect of wax and the reason it is used is because a person can spend perhaps hundred of dollars to walk into a salon with normal hair and walk out of the salon with instant looking artifical waxed dreads. The con is that they will have an empty pocket, & ruined hair

Hmmm. it holds the hair better and longer than anything else? How about natural mature dreads holding together better & longer than anything else. My vote goes with this one.

I know what would hold longer than wax, crazy glue and tar. Might not look good, but it would hold longer than wax, but then again, so would those natural mature dreads...

23 year old dreads here, having fun in the woods, trails, wind and I am sure many other funky places I'll have to find out about. So how can you believe that wax holds together better and longer?

Rafael Rodriguez said:

Just for the sake of argument and fair competition if you will.

The positive aspect of wax and the reason why it is used. It holds your hair together longer and better thananythingelse.

In fact it is so good at it that it becomes the root of the problems stated by the Barrellady

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

Well not so much for defense but the original question asked for benefits if any of using wax. The purpose of using wax is to hold straight hair together without having to use glue.

You do not have to spend that much money, you can get wax for 5 bucks more or less and you can do it yourself or have a friend do it for you. The salon thing is a whole different case.

So as I said, wax is used to hold the hair and it holds it better than any other hair product that I can think of at the moment.

Also to get dreads like SE it would take a couple of years. So if you just want temporarily dreads for like an event or whatever, then wax is a good option to hold the hair together on finestraighthair.

Also people keep in mind that what I'm trying to say is that wax is good to hold hair together, and if someone uses wax is for that reason so that is the only positive about it. That does not mean using wax to start/maintain dreads is good.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I accept your last line "That does not mean using wax to start/maintain dreads is good"

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form