Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Latch hooked horror... The worst dreading method

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I have seen and heard many bad things that people do to dread their hair. I have read several times lately that people "latch hooked" to dread. I have heard of people rounding the tips with a latch hook and I know people often crochet their dreads with a "hook" so i thought that the term was misused. I thought when they said latch hook that they meant crochet hook. I have been hearing it more often ....so i thought i would look it up. OMG I was wrong. People are actually weaving their hair through the roots all the way down to the tips using a latch hook. It is tightly woven. This hair can never ever move and form knots. These are not dreads. It is like calling a braid a dread except that a braid can easily be removed. This woven hair will never ever dread. It is not something that time will fix either. I found a video that will show you what I am talking about.

This is the worst thing that I have seen...way way way worse than crochet.

updated by @taye: 01/13/15 09:54:20PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Good one Taye, glad you posted that. I am always amazed people still use methods like this and don't have the patience to grow dreadlocks that will last a lifetime and always look beautiful

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

That looks seriously painful... I dont see why people cant wait a few months until they have locks... I'm now nearly 7 months in free forming and have a full head of dreads. All of this hook stuff is just crazy. I'm kind of waiting until someone knits their locks rather than crochet them :P

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i always knew latching was a bad idea without ever having to see it but now that ive seen it ..it looks like torture

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Oh my, look at the scalp and skin being pulled.. WHY people WHY?

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

"Latch hooked horror." Sounds like the name of a B scary movie. XD

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Hehehe that was what i was thinking when i wrote it.....guess i have been watching too many cheesy movies lately :D

Laura Earle said:

"Latch hooked horror." Sounds like the name of a B scary movie. XD

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form