Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

WHAT TO DO WITH DREADS WHEN SWIMMING?

Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

I haven't gone swimming since having dreads and have plans to go soon but I was wondering what I should do with my hair? Will Chlorine do damage? What about ocean water? What about lake water?? I'll be going swimming in a lake and I was thinking maybe that might not be so good for it, if I should maybe get a swim cap?

updated by @denise-schenk: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
11 years ago
27 posts

If you would like to wear a swim cap that would be fine, Personally ive been swimming at a pool quite a few times this year with my dreads and they are fine, when they dry they feel a lil bit more dried out..but i always just rinsed them with fresh water when i got home and they were fine. Same should apply with a lake except i prolly would actually wash them after i was finished swimming

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Swimming is great for dreads, flowing all around in the water. Before you go into a chlorinated pool, wet your hair, that way it absorbs healthy water first. When you are finished swimming, rinse your hair asap in the non chlorinated water to get all the pool chemicals out. Your dreads will be just fine if you do this...peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no just swim dreads love water but clorines harsh so soak em well in frwsh water 1st so less is absorbed and wash after (dont use baking soda after being in clorine)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Denise Schenk
@denise-schenk
11 years ago
10 posts

So they would be ok with lake water as long as I wash them after? Lake water can be kind of mucky and sometimes have seaweed stuff so thats why i was worried

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Whoa, whoa, chill man. There's nothing to worry about. Like they've said, just wash your hair really well afterward. If you're in chlorinated water, use ACV to balance out the pH of your scalp.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form