Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Im new to this! Will thick hair dread fast or slow?

Alicia Nicole
@alicia-nicole
11 years ago
5 posts

Actually its thick, wiry, red, and long and dry. The reason I have decided to dread my hair is because that is what it wants to do naturally. I brush it to get the starts out...have done this my whole life...but I didnt know it was the start of a dread forming...just thought I was like a cat, and getting matts! (there was one time I had a HUGE matted dread clump on the back of my hair for wearing it up and sleeping in it for a week, I would take the ponytail or if I needed to put up strays from the night before, but I wouldnt/couldnt brush it.It took a few hours to brush that beast out! It was the size of a large grapefruit...but not as fat! haha. I only need to wash my hair once a week. It stays clean, and is NEVER oily. This is already my first official day after deciding yesterday that this is what i'm going to do, and my hair seems to be separating on its own. I'm just so sick and tired of dealing with the crazy head of hair I have. It gets out of control. I get lots of compliments on it (when I wear it down usually) but that rarely happens because of the headache it takes to make it look nice. Not anymore...I seems to be getting more and more damaged the more I brush it! Anyways. Any advise...ive read lots, and pretty much know what i'm in for. One question. When I wash my hair during this beginning stage process, shall I use water only. No shampoos or conditioners? Does anyone ever put coconut oil in their hair (if its overly dry?) Thanks!

Alicia

updated by @alicia-nicole: 01/13/15 09:54:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wash with a dread soap no conditioner

these are best www.dreadlockshampoo.com

it should dread super fast ..but you already knew that so why did u ask

but tying it up alot slows it and encourages 1 huge dread (as u know) dreading naturaly is pretty instinctual

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alicia Nicole
@alicia-nicole
11 years ago
5 posts

Thank you Soaring eagle! Ill check out that link!

soaring eagle said:

wash with a dread soap no conditioner

these are best www.dreadlockshampoo.com

it should dread super fast ..but you already knew that so why did u ask

but tying it up alot slows it and encourages 1 huge dread (as u know) dreading naturaly is pretty instinctual

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form