Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads are already forming after a week. At this rate, how long will it take for them to become mature?

Terry Lynn Battle III
@terry-lynn-battle-iii
11 years ago
1 posts

I've been dreading for a week and I already have several dreads forming. My hair is down to the top of my butt and it's really thick. Before dreading, I had to brush constantly because it was always getting tangled easily and getting big knots, it's almost like my hair has always wanted to get dready haha. Since my hair continually knots so easily and is so thick, how long will it probably be until my dreads are mature?

P.S. I'm new here and I really had no idea what category to put this under.

updated by @terry-lynn-battle-iii: 01/13/15 09:54:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well it will dread fast but still probly wont be 'mature" for a year tho it maybe a couple months faster then most its hard to say

longer hair dreads faster but shrinks more too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Welcome again newbie.....hair takes 1-2 years to mature...but yours is down to the top of your butt, so it will be past the one year mark for you. In order for dreadlocks to mature, they zig zag, loop and shrink to become the thickness of the section of hair that meets the scalp. With longer hair, this process takes more time. Mine almost at waist length and shrunk up to my shoulders, this took 11-12 months to do. Now the thickening and maturing process is happening. I have a posting on my page, although I did the T&R method, there are great tips on there for you and info on what to expect. But by your natural knotting, go all free form http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect?xg_source=activity

When hair naturally knots and tangles, it is a cry for dreads, happy for you that you answered that cry out.....peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

natural dreads usualy look beautiful through every stage the crazy stage is the funnest

for some they may look crazy awhile but for most its really beautiful to watch

if shes got a negative perspective she may not see the beauty and if shes not suportive she may cause u to not see it either but just igbore negative remarks..feel beautiful within you and others on the street will start complimenting you real soon

post alotta pics for alot of positive feedback

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Check out a posting by a member Noodles, he asked members to share their craziest shaped dreads, fun pics to see. Many have given their special dreads names even:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/weirdest-shaped-dread-competition?page=6&commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A1684846&x=1#3754945Comment1684846

peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form