dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2013 montana rainbow gathering info and directions

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts
* * PACK IT IN - PACK IT OUT !!! * *

Cleanup begins when you arrive. Please bring only what is necessary. There is no janitor here . . . YOU are the cleanup crew. Separate Garbage for recycling. Please DONT LITTER - Find a collection point. Compost in pits only.

You are the Gathering!

Participate and Volunteer! Participate in Shanti Sena (the peace keepers council), work crews, workshops, councils and all activities. Volunteer wherever and whenever needed: kitchens, welcome home, fire watch, parking lot, shitter digging, supply, front gate, etc. R-E-S-P-E-C-T your Sisters & Brothers energies.

Keep the Balance: Earth, Sky, Trees, Water & People!

Alcohol is Discouraged, Guns are Inappropriate, Violence is contrary to the Spirit. Please do not take pictures or videos of people without asking their permission first. Discourage Drug Abuse.

Buying and selling endangers our right to be here. The Magic Hat is our Bank, please donate early to fund our needs. The Magic Hat goes around at Dinner Circle and with the Magic Hat Band.

Our power together is many times our power separated.

Enjoy the Rainbow with an open heart and you Will see the Vision.

There seem to problems with invasive weeds getting into Montana, that travel in the undercarriage of vehicles traveling across the country. Please stop at a car wash after entering the state. Rinse off your car. Make sure you are not bringing in any invasive plants accidentally.

Directions (this is the site we used in 2000):

From points south/east:
From Interstate 15 near Dillon, Montana (about 60 miles south of the Interstate 90/15 interchange). Take the MT-278 exit, EXIT 59 , toward Jackson/Wisdom .

From points west/north: (might not be good for big rigs):

Please note: this route goes up some twisty mountain roads and I haven't driven it so hopefully someone can confirm). On I-90 on the west side of Missoula, exist Hwy 93 South - Reserve Street Exit 101. Follow the signs for Hwy 93 South. There are lot's of turns here. If you have driven it and can provide good directions please let me know. Go about 80 miles south on Hwy 93 hen turn left on Montana-43 (which becomes Idaho-43) and drive about 25 miles to Montana-278. Continue 20 miles to Jackson, MT.

****From Jackson, Montana for all travelers****:

About a mile south of Jackson, turn onto SKINNER MEADOW ROAD heading south toward Idaho, big mountains, (good gravel/dirt road - please respect private ranches - drive slow, watch for cattle) Go 8.5 MILES, through fence and cattle guard into National Forest then take LEFT TURN and ONE LANE BRIDGE over creek (left turn is approx 1.5 miles before Van Houten Lake campground) to FRONT GATE ~ PARKING ~ BUS VILLAGE ~ HANDICAPPED PARKING WELCOME HOME!

See the topo map http://tinyurl.com/Montana2013map . Or plug N 45.23845 W 113.43487 into your GPS.

The altitude is about 6,500 feet above sea level. Be prepared for days in the 60s & 70s and nights into the 30s. Thunderstorms happen. Be prepared for rain. Check the weather here .

Just a friendly reminder, directions will probably change or additional details will change over the next week or so. Check back for updated directions.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:53:49PM
JeffThaGreenthumb
@jeffthagreenthumb
11 years ago
13 posts

Seein someone litter at a gathering is like seein someone throw a rock at a peace rally! Thanks for gettin the word out!!!

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

OMG i need a carpool? janesville WI anyone going near me? peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form