Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How often do you separate baby dreads?

OliviaJonas Aley
@oliviajonas-aley
11 years ago
30 posts

I like the reference to kudzu vine. I can't say I've heard that before!

Kerry LoCo said:

I have to separate mine daily because they cling together like kudzu vine. I'm afraid if I skip a couple of days they'll all congo into one. LOL

updated by @oliviajonas-aley: 07/23/15 08:10:31AM
Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

ever had to separate EVERYDAY. Today i still separate most of my formed dreads everyday, and the baby ones too.

Michelle Stone
@michelle-stone
11 years ago
7 posts

after I asked I read another thread and now replies here..and yeah, ok, I am def saying NO to rubber bands!! :) I will just have to keep separating them every day. good to know I'm not alone in needing/having to do this on a regular basis.

Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Every time i wash my dreads is when i separate, doing this while the hair is wetn is MUCH easier, the hair is in a more elasticated state when its wet and the process of wash is what mattts the dreads up most.

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Heeeeey brother! I would like to share my experience, during my first 3 months I needed to separate it 4-6 times a week because it was really dreading up real quick. But after I reached my 3rd month mark, I only separate it like 1 or 2 times a week because they are now teenagers (nearly mature). I guess, the speed of the dreading process really plays a big role. The faster your hair dreads, the more often you need to separate it. That's all from me, much love! Happy dreading to everyonee ~ :D

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

hi there.. :) separation depends on how thick/thin u want ur locks to be. as far as i am concerned i separate once in a week or two. some may need to do it more often depending on the hair type. all i do is hold each of my sections and pull them up, if it pulls another adjacent section along with it i do the separation bit. thats how simple it is. i understand though that some people might have super knotty hair and in that case u should separate more often (maybe every day or after every wash). over-separating however can put u one step backwards in ur progress i feel since u need to give enough time to ur hair to hold on to each other and let the sections develop properly before any separation is done.

Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
10 years ago
37 posts

I was wondering this too. I separate almost every day. Sometimes I go two days if they seem to not be eating each other too much. I want them to be more random and natural in size and shape, but I don't want any to be huge. My largest is about an inch and a half.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form