Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads and jobs

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
incredibly well said..im gonna hafta come visit your resteraunt b4 i leave the area for good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 05:20:16AM
Lord Panzer
@lord-panzer
15 years ago
12 posts
I have not had any problems with my dreadlocks, and i am a security guard
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea i know cops with dreads..and i dont mean undercover narcotics agents either..uniformed cops..dreads are never really an issue with jobs unless u let it be..most accept em, others need a lil exrtra convincingbut they cant descriminate if u stand up for your rights Aleksander said:
I have not had any problems with my dreadlocks, and i am a security guard

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
William
@william
15 years ago
15 posts
I push shopping carts for a living. I started the neglect method a little while ago and i've had a few comments, but i just ignore them. Fall is here soon so i will be able to rock some Tuques (yes i'm from Canada) :). I'll wear my hat all the way into next summer and i'll take it off, and POW! - hopefully something fun going on with my hair by then. I might even do a light backcomb or twist and rip a bit just to get ahead a bit. No one will even know since it will be tucked away in my tuque. If they do bother me about it later, i'll throw the freedom and religion/spiritual card at them.oh, make sure you put your carts in the cart corals :)
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolI always put mine back ( unless its lined up to nail an Escalade that is) ;-) William R said:
I push shopping carts for a living . I started the neglect method a little while ago and i've had a few comments, but i just ignore them. Fall is here soon so i will be able to rock some Tuques (yes i'm from Canada) :). I'll wear my hat all the way into next summer and i'll take it off, and POW! - hopefully something fun going on with my hair by then. I might even do a light backcomb or twist and rip a bit just to get ahead a bit. No one will even know since it will be tucked away in my tuque. If they do bother me about it later, i'll throw the freedom and religion/spiritual card at them.

oh, make sure you put your carts in the cart corals :)
Tonia Alford
@tonia-alford
15 years ago
2 posts
I own mu own repo company so I work for myself now
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I didnt have my dreads before I left the workforce, but I was the assistant manager at a kitchen wares shop, I also have 31 tattoos, and my manager there didnt mind if I wore short sleeves and showed them off. But lots of old ladies would look at me cross, especially the angry ones that would come in the store demanding to talk to a manager, and I'd be like "yep that's me, what can I do for you?" I used to get tons of weird looks and then most people would be like wow look at all your tattoos, who does them?So I'm assuming that dreads and tattoos should be a fun time!
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
I currently work for a Podiatrist in Scottsdale, She is fine with them and even thinks they are cool. I am the only employee and I am alone in the office 2-3 days a week. SO far not much as been said about my hair by any of the patients. Scottsdale is full of rich snobs though so I know I will get some jerk who has something to say. If not, Awesome! I don't see too many people around with dreads but when I do I love to say hi! I have a tattoo on my chest and I don't make any attempt to cover it and I only ever get comments about it :D
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
you are lucky you get only comments, that must be awesome! I had this one old man tell me how embarassed he was to be tattooed, and this other old lady was like "you know those are permanent right?" I just wanted to be like "What? really? no one told me that!" Izzy-licious said:
I currently work for a Podiatrist in Scottsdale, She is fine with them and even thinks they are cool. I am the only employee and I am alone in the office 2-3 days a week. SO far not much as been said about my hair by any of the patients. Scottsdale is full of rich snobs though so I know I will get some jerk who has something to say. If not, Awesome! I don't see too many people around with dreads but when I do I love to say hi! I have a tattoo on my chest and I don't make any attempt to cover it and I only ever get comments about it :D
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Haha yeah i guess if someone doesn't like it they haven't said anything. Most comments are that tattoo is beautiful or wow your colors came out great or cute bird.Next time someone says that you should be like "OMG you're kidding?!" or better yet say "oh no they aren't, I used a magic marker..." See if they can come up with something back to that :D it will probably shut them up real quick Jo McClelland said:
you are lucky you get only comments, that must be awesome! I had this one old man tell me how embarassed he was to be tattooed, and this other old lady was like "you know those are permanent right?" I just wanted to be like "What? really? no one told me that!"

/ 16

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form