Dreadlocks Forums

How to do this style?

Daxx
@daxx
11 years ago
1 posts

Hi everyone!
I'm new here :)

I really like this style, but can't really figure out how to do it. What is it called? Are they braids? (I think so)

Some videos on how to do this would really help me :)
Thanks.

updated by @daxx: 01/13/15 09:52:43PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Those I believe are twists, done at a salon. Salons cause damage to the hair and scalp, especially the scalp as it has to be maintained to keep that look. Check out this posting: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/retwisting-interlocking-tightening-dreads-locs-roots-dangers

At the top of the left side is a search bar, type in traction alopecia and you will get postings from other members and what happened to them. Before you make any decisions, please read those first....Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

those are 2 strand twists 2nd photo theylook synthetic and looks like theends were melted to seal them either tht or rediculouse mounts of wax was usaed

id avoid that

do you want dreads? or ..twisted hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Those pictures are 2 strand twists on synthetic hair. You can really tell on the first one that it is not real...look at the root..there is only a tiny bit of hair tied to the fake hair. You take two strands of hair and twist each one individually in the same direction..put them together and they will twist onto each other. I used to make a two stand twist pony tail on my daughter when she was little. I am pretty sure there is no way to do this on my head. I have only done this on undreaded hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh geez your so right and hes 3/4 bald from going to salons
perfect example of why u dont want this
taye said:

Those pictures are 2 strand twists on synthetic hair. You can really tell on the first one that it is not real...look at the root..there is only a tiny bit of hair tied to the fake hair. You take two strands of hair and twist each one individually in the same direction..put them together and they will twist onto each other. I used to make a two stand twist pony tail on my daughter when she was little. I am pretty sure there is no way to do this on my head. I have only done this on undreaded hair.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form