Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need support and a few answers.

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
I am enrolling in cosmology school for the second time. The first time was five years ago, this time I have locks. So, I ordered some liquid dragons blood and some of the gel. My question is this. Should I use the gel on damp locks or dry? I plan to educate all the students and staff on the do's and donts of healthy locks. I am proud to be a responsible lock wearer and look forward to becoming a great stylist! I would love some feed back on this subject.
updated by @elaine-crittenden: 02/14/15 10:53:31AM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

What are you using the gel for? It can be used on wet or dry apparently ( I think I read that on here). I have used it on dry hair. It is for starting dreads on harder to dread hair. Are you using it to tame loose hair?

peace.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

vickie, creator of those fantastic products is a member on this site. Feel free to leave her a comment with any questions you may have. You can learn all about them and share your info in class....peace

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/vickimiller

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
Well I am almost three years in and I still have a pretty big halo, so for " professionalism" sake I'm going to tidy them up a bit for school. At my job I have to wear it at least half up all the time but at school I will have more options. Just wanted to play with the them a little bit:)
Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
Also my locks are almost three.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

are you talking about the locking up gel, the dread accelerator? I am not sure if it "tidies up dreads".

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
Bab fats used it for his wedding, I'm an old member just lost my password and email lol.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

interesting to know, learn something new all the time. Send Baba Fats a comment, he can answer that one then...peace & welcome back

Elaine Crittenden said:

Bab fats used it for his wedding, I'm an old member just lost my password and email lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dry id think but doubt it matters

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I always used it on dry hair. But I don't think it really matters. It just felt easier to apply when my hair was dry. When it's wet, you can't always feel exactly how much you put on them.

I don't know how much it'll help with that halo, though. It kind of just comes with the territory of having locks. You'll just about always have some loose frizzy hair around your head. If you look at my wedding pics, where my hair is styled and held down, you can still see that I've got tons of frizzy hair around my head.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form