Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

anyone somewhat experienced in doing dreadlocks in or near sonoma county??

seaira espenship
@seaira-espenship
11 years ago
4 posts
HI I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR SOMEONE TO DREADLOCK MY HAIR I WILL PAY FOR YOUR SUPPLIES AND TIME EMAIL ME AT SMARTYBLONDE@SBCGLOBAL.NET ASAP THANK YOU!
updated by @seaira-espenship: 01/13/15 09:52:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u do not need anyone and what supplies do you mean?

u cant buy time

onr your hands

you can dread yourself right niow d-=free

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well thats partialy ttru if u want to make em just use a low harm method like tnr...but do it yourself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
seaira espenship
@seaira-espenship
11 years ago
4 posts
I've got about 4 selfies in my hair now but I know that patience-wise and time wise I will need another person to help me with it, and by supplies I just mean wax/a backcomb/bands etcThank you for the advice I just feel like I need someone to get me started so I don't end up with a half-dreaded frustrating mess
seaira espenship
@seaira-espenship
11 years ago
4 posts
What about the back of my head though?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I understand wanting someone to help you with the time. But wax is one of the most destructive things for locks. The best case scenario, it completely prevents locks from ever mature. It glues your hair together instead of allowing it to tangle. It holds down knots, loops, and tangles. Without those, locks will never form. In fact, after 10 years, waxed locks are no more mature than natural locks are at 2-3 months. You never progress past the first day the wax was put in.

Worst case scenario, and a very common one... Wax causes mold/mildew/ Wax is a hydrocarbon. That means that no amount of hot water and normal soap will clean it out. Hydrocarbons need a detergent to clean them. So, essentially, you would be waterproofing your hair. Any water/moisture that gets in, can't get out. It sits in your hair and becomes stagnant. This creates a swampy environment of decaying organic matter. Mold and mildew spores start to develop and grow in your hair. Eventually you walk around with a virtual swamp on your head.

As for the bands. They are no good, either. Bands squeeze your locks too tightly. Even if you put them in loose, they are elastic. They pinch your locks and create weak spots, which are nearly impossible to fix. Locks are known to snap in places just from these weak spots. Also, bands tend to get sucked into your locks, where they dry rot and grow mold

seaira espenship
@seaira-espenship
11 years ago
4 posts
So would you say backcombing or rip n twist is best? I'm just concerned with my own sectioning skills,especially in the back of my head.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Both are good. TnR is better. It does less damage.

Don't worry so much about the sectioning. You can make a few rough sections yourself, but more than likely, they will untangle when you wash. Then they will retangle, and untangle and retangle. Over and over. You can take some of the natural sections that form, and use those as guides. But it's not necessary.

You don't need perfectlysymmetricalsections. In fact, it's better to have a variety of sizes and shapes

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form