dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Solid Shampoo Use?

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

Hey all,

I recently bought a few different things to try from the dreadlocks shampoo site and so far I have only used the himalayan sea salt spray and the liquid patchouli shampoo and I'm loving them! I also bought a sandalwood and tonka bean solid shampoo bar and I was wondering if there is a proper way to use it? I've seen people just cut off slivers and dissolve it water and just dunk their dreads in but mine aren't quite long enough for that. How would I go about using it in just a regular shower?

Happy vibes, Jayke

updated by @jayke-watson: 01/13/15 09:52:25PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wet you hair and wet the bar, rub it on your scalp and then massage the scalp only. When you rinse it out it will run through your sections. When you have mature dreads, then you can rub the bar on the dreads. Doesn't she sell the best Dread care shampoo & soaps ever!....Peace

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

Thanks! I'll be sure to test it out and post my thoughts once I've run out of the patchouli shampoo, which I must say is WONDERFUL! She most certainly does!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Even with Mature locks, you don't often have to rub it directly onto your hair. The only time I'd really recommend it is if you have a lot of gunk in your locks. Like if you go camping and have dirt/mud stuck in there. Otherwise, it's rinsing through your hair is normally enough to clean them

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I rub the bar on my head, which means, some scalp and some dreads get rubbed, I've not had any problems doing that, I don't rub hard, just touching really, you gotta lather it up some how. How do you avoid rubbing it on your hair, when your scalp is covered in hair? I'm confused.

You got the best products right there, that's for sure

peace

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

What you're doing is exactly what you should be. I mean that you don't need to get your locks, themselves soapy. Like, don't take a lock in your hand and rub it down with the bar. The soap will run through your hair, cleaning it. Only get the body of the locks soap if they get extra dirty

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Yeah, I'm with you now. Thanks Baba.

Baba Fats said:

What you're doing is exactly what you should be. I mean that you don't need to get your locks, themselves soapy. Like, don't take a lock in your hand and rub it down with the bar. The soap will run through your hair, cleaning it. Only get the body of the locks soap if they get extra dirty

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

I cut mine, usually into about 8 or so pieces (since its quite thick it doesnt matter), and after my hair is wet, lather it in with the bar. Not too hard :) and cutting it into smaller pieces makes it last longer, and not get all wet which again makes it last longer :P

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
That's a really good idea, thanks Sunflower! :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form