Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Contest/Challenge Time

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Lets have a challenge and see how many great reasons & benefits there are to dreading. How about if we each just post one, so many members can contribute to this...There is no prize, just some creative fun...so join in and enjoy!

Here is mine: I noticed, and my family appreciates, that there are no longer long strands of loose hairs anywhere...on the kitchen counter, in food-yuck, bathroom sink, back of the car seats, on the floors, stuck somewhere on my body (I won't mention where)...nowhere! Strands of hair that jumped ship are no longer floating around and surprising us anywhere. They are now staying put creating beautiful mature dreads....Peace

updated by @the-barrellady: 11/15/15 03:23:56AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I love that Robyn, asshole filter....those two words could not be truer!

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

I love how I have lost almost every trace of vanity I had (which was very little to begin with). I don't feel compelled to look in mirrors anymore. And if I do, I don't feel that I need to 'fix' something. I just kinda think, "Oh WOAH, I am lookin' like a LION today! Cool!" LOL. <3 Much love to you my dready friends. <3

Beckysan
@beckysan
11 years ago
17 posts
Ooohhh...the best thing for me would be accepting a part of who I am. I have put it aside for so long because I had to grow up and learn you can't please everyone. My dreads are for me, as a part of me and if I have had negative comments, I am not aware, because I really just don't care :)
JeffThaGreenthumb
@jeffthagreenthumb
11 years ago
13 posts

my dreads hold memories like a scrap book. they were tug toys for my girls when they were infants-they remind me of good relationships ive had in recent years- they have been soaked in the ocean and frozen likeicecicles(dont know how that is spelled) in the mountains. Most of all they remind methat ijust dont need to care so much about the lil things and just LET GO

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Money. I'm saving lots of it. XD

There are other reasons, too.

OliviaJonas Aley
@oliviajonas-aley
11 years ago
30 posts

That's great Barrel Lady! My family complains all the time about my loose hairs! They (the hairs)are particularly annoying when they attatch themselves to my shirts and insist on tickling my arm until I track it down. I still have quite a bit of loose hairs,,,and I think because I am not brushing them away, they really take their time leaving my person.

I am glad to hear that they will eventually get swallowed up... :)

OliviaJonas Aley
@oliviajonas-aley
11 years ago
30 posts

Before I started my dread journey, I always was distracted by the way my hair sat so flat on my head. It seemed like it just clinged to my noggin, and was kinda lifeless. It seemed like it had no body to it. Now...I am absolutely loving the texture! The density is different and substantial. I literally can't stop touching it. I know that's not a good thing. And actually one downside: I find myself obsessing over my hair now more than ever. that's one thing I don't like. Before, i never really spent a lot of time looking at my hair in the mirror. At this point I am always checking it in the mirror--but it is mainly to see the progress of the dreadies since I am only 6 months in. Hopefully that will lessen as they come into themselves.

Siri Nam Simran Kaur
@siri-nam-simran-kaur
11 years ago
20 posts

Baby sitter/muscle relaxer- When the kids are restless and I'm tired and stressed out I sit down and invite the kids to tie my hair to itself, a head full of knots latter and I'm relaxed as hell from all of the hair play and the kids have spent the last half hour totally quite and concentrated.

Sussi
@sussi
11 years ago
84 posts

My dreadshelped me witha new beginning in my life and theyrepresent who I am today, a happier and morecontent person. It's amazing what hair can do!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form