Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Confused... should I still have some faith?

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I think a really big problem with many people is that they run their fingers through their hair. They may not be using a brush or a comb....but fingers will do the same thing. Most of the time it is just a habit that is hard to break. People don't even notice that they are doing it. Fingers through hair is actually undoing knots so the hair is being combed out. Pat your hair with your palm to smooth it...and keep fingers out :)

updated by @taye: 07/23/15 06:53:04PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

That's a good point Taye made. Fingers also carry body oils which can be put into the sections of hair causing knotting process to slow down, stop or slip out.

taye said:

I think a really big problem with many people is that they run their fingers through their hair. They may not be using a brush or a comb....but fingers will do the same thing. Most of the time it is just a habit that is hard to break. People don't even notice that they are doing it. Fingers through hair is actually undoing knots so the hair is being combed out. Pat your hair with your palm to smooth it...and keep fingers out :)

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

Seriously.... You have more dreadlocks than you think you do.

Do you see all of the sections that are forming all over your head? Those are "Baby" dreadlocks.

Stop wearing that beanie especially when it is windy outside.

Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
11 years ago
22 posts

ya, I'm following the same procedure but I have to do little scrubbing while I wash my hair because of the dandruffs collected at the scalp.

the Barrellady said:

With the BS wash are you using the recommended ratio: 1/2 cup of BS to 5 cups water, pour on wet head and leave on for 10 minutes without scrubbing. It will exfoliate the scalp on its own. Rinse it out well and then use the ACV rinse. Mix 1 capful to 5 cups water, pour over head and rinse out within 1 minute or even right away. Any longer and it will over condition the hair, making it too silky to knot. I used this for my entire first year and it worked fantastic with my hard well water. With some water, you may just have to boil the 5 cups of water first and dissolve the BS into it, when it is cool enough to use, then go for it.

Also, finishing off your wash with a cold head rinse works wonders for the scalp & dandruff. Just put you head under the showerhead and put the water as cold as you can take for a moment. This closes up all the pores and feels great. Give it a try and see how that works for you.

.....Peace and hang in there

Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
11 years ago
22 posts

But those sections are appearing and disappearing many times.. esp. when I wash, they kinda disappear because i have to scrub a little to get rid of dandruffs..:(.. I'll try not to wear the beanie now onwards..
GoldenEagle said:

Do you see all of the sections that are forming all over your head? Those are "Baby" dreadlocks.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

stop wearin g the hat ignore danfdryuuff or start using teatree rosemary or the tt rm bar from dreadlockshampoo but stop wering the hat and 8 will have dreds fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

Dreadlocks are the ultimate end to "Wind blown hair." When you have had dreadlocks for as long as soaringeagle has those disappearing sections aren't going to matter at all. I have super fine hair like you do and I have sections of hair that form and seemingly disappear also.

Get outside more often and let the wind do what it does for dreadlocks. You don't have to go anywhere to be outside.

Kazi Khadka said:

But those sections are appearing and disappearing many times.. esp. when I wash, they kinda disappear because i have to scrub a little to get rid of dandruffs..:(.. I'll try not to wear the beanie now onwards..
GoldenEagle said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form