Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any polyamorous dreadies?

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

It seems that way but the topic started as Polyamory but moved to Polygamy, I think because I said I was for both but could only practice polygamy.

And Polygamy has been practiced since 2000BC way way way way before the Mormons came on the scene in the mid 1800's

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

I'm not sure how I'd feel. I still haven't wrapped my head around being in this kind of marriage myself which kinda important for me to understand it better.

Noodle-Doo said:

I don't think we're going in circles. This is the point I'm trying to get to, and the thing I don't understand. How does the partner who isn't the favourite feel about it? How would you feel if it was you, Niesje?

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

I know the difference, I just was asking about both and only got a response about polygamy. If anybody wants to add in about polyamory, I'm open to any info :)

Randi said:

I think everyone is confusing polygamy and polyamory as the same thing, which it's not. Polygamy is rooted in Mormon culture and is one man married to several women. It is done so bc they feel a religious calling to it, dating it back to the biblical days of men having multiple wives. Polyamory is when several people, who are not necessarily officiated with a religion, date and perhaps live together as a unit and sometimes family. It can have many different scenarios as far as how many and who all is involved. Many people find it unnatural to be monogomous and feel that love shouldn't be bound to just one person.
The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
I currently have a boyfriend and a girlfriend. We all live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, and help raise my girlfriend's son. My gf is lesbian and my bf is straight. I love them both equally for different reasons. They have a relationship, too, but it isn't sexual, though we have had a few threesomes over the years.Yes, sometimes one feels left out or not the favorite, and sometimes I feel like I have to be fair or distribute my affections equally. Generally when these feeling arise, we try to talk it out. Polyamory takes looooooots of communication for it to work. There are a few things that we are constantly working on but when all three of us are honest with ourselves and each other we sort things out and move on. Patience is clutch.Neither politics nor religion factor into our relationship, nor do we sleep around outside the circle. For the most part I am the poly one but both of my partners signed on with full frontal honesty from me. People think I get my cake and eat it too. :) This could be, and they are free to choose whatever they like, but I looove my life and really enjoy sharing my cake. And the frosting, too.
Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

That's interesting. I figured it could work with enough patience and love :)

The Hippie Circle said:

I currently have a boyfriend and a girlfriend. We all live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, and help raise my girlfriend's son. My gf is lesbian and my bf is straight. I love them both equally for different reasons. They have a relationship, too, but it isn't sexual, though we have had a few threesomes over the years.

Yes, sometimes one feels left out or not the favorite, and sometimes I feel like I have to be fair or distribute my affections equally. Generally when these feeling arise, we try to talk it out. Polyamory takes looooooots of communication for it to work. There are a few things that we are constantly working on but when all three of us are honest with ourselves and each other we sort things out and move on. Patience is clutch.

Neither politics nor religion factor into our relationship, nor do we sleep around outside the circle. For the most part I am the poly one but both of my partners signed on with full frontal honesty from me. People think I get my cake and eat it too. :) This could be, and they are free to choose whatever they like, but I looove my life and really enjoy sharing my cake. And the frosting, too.
The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
There seems to be a lot of focus on favoritism in poly relationships. I can honestly say that I work suuuuuper extra hard to not play favorites. So do my partners, though sometimes a bit of extra neediness arises and somebody will snit. BUT, this is where we try to communicate again. Sometimes even talking it out doesn't immediately bring results. we have to go to our respective corners and cool off. Whoa and PMS is a serious bitch sometimes!!! :) Women can often lose their sense of reason during certain moments of the month. :)Lol and we do live in the middle of the forest in a rural/communal setting, but we used to pull this off in the middle of Seattle, too. :))
Storm
@storm
11 years ago
36 posts

I consider myself poly. I came to the realization of it shortly after discovering the term, about 6 months ago. Looking back, I've always been this way just never realized it/knew the name for it. I am in a long-term, loving relationship with the father of my son and broached polyamory to him 6 months ago also (I was already interested in finding a girlfriend). I have been desiring/searching off and on for a girlfriend for years, but actively for the last 6 months to no avail (sadly). Though I find men attractive and can appreciate the male form, other than my current partner/son's father I have no interest sexually with another man, though I could possibly entertain the idea of a strictly platonic "relationship" with another man. Not sure.

updated by @storm: 07/23/15 07:32:23AM

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form