Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

UPDATE: Bald Head to Ballin Dreads 13 months.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

wanted to do a quick update because it has been so long since i have posted. Rebackcombing my hair after it got to be 5 inches long was the best decision i think i had made thus far. my dreads feel so different that how i ever thought they would. Idk what i expected but baby dreads feel quite odd in my opinipon. texture and what not... The back is making tons of progress and these pics were taking after a while nights sleep. I woke up with hair going everywhere as opposed to it all laying down like it usually does. I rinse it every morning to make it look presentable and let it dry throughout the day because in the morning it is quite ugly. lol It has been just over 3 months since the rebackcomb. Still so impatient for mature dreads but taking my sweet time! got no other choice. let me know what you all think!

-Spencer.

updated by @bob-ngarly: 07/23/15 04:46:34PM
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Will add some pics where you can see the front but it still looks just very curly and not dready the back looks very dready so i posted pics of that first!

see you in a couple months

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Thank you very much. Im finally starting to get comments asking if I am trying to grow dreads. Most people just see the curliness of it and tell me I look like corbin bleu. The dread comments are few and far between. Im looking forward to when everyone can tell that they are dreads!

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

I am starting to get lots and lots of progress!!! the back of my head is looking quite gnarly and even the tops and sides are seeming to lock up faster. I have one dread on the side of my head that seems to really not want to lock up which is strange because every section around it has begun locking quite nicely.. I know in time it will begin knotting and i dont worry about it. I cant wait to post pics at 5 months to show my progress!

I am getting more comments everyday from people saying they are starting to look more like dreads than a curly mess. maybe soon people will stop calling me corbin bleau ( the kid from highschool musical) lol...

Be on the lookout for more pics soon!!

-Spencer.

James9
@james9
11 years ago
3 posts

I don't post often but had to log in to say your dreads are going to look wicked in time! Fellow curly Brazilian living in the south as well, been locking 18 months.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Nice man i appreciate that. I cant wait to see what mine look like at 18months. I have full faith they will be completely and totally righteous. post some pics.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

4.5 month dread update!!

Just a quick dread up date. Progress is taking off. the next 9 pictures were all taken on the same day. about 4.5 months now no combing. progress is really starting to go wild. Most of my hair has begun to lock up I even have one that I would consider mature at this point. It never really changes and it was started 5 months before the rest of them. (remember I rebackcombed, but I didn't redo the ones along my neckline because they were doing so well from the first TNR) Cant wait to see more progress. Have started to experiment with some beads as you can see in one of the pics. Enjoy the timeline yall.

updated by @bob-ngarly: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Bob Ngarly