Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

UPDATE: Bald Head to Ballin Dreads 13 months.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Sorry guys I just now realized how to update my dread timeline the correct way! I had been adding all my pics to the comment sections. LOL. So here is my new and improved timeline, updated and in better order.

^^ This is a testament to my impatience. I decided to get dread extensions when my hair was short. THey turned out to look cool. But they were expensive, and they didn't last to be permanent as I had intended them. THey also were really heavy, and looked fake, looking back withmore knowledge of how dreads naturally look.

^^^ THese photos are again a testament to my impatience. I tried TNR at 3 inches. Unless you have super kinky hair, don't waste your time. They all fell out and I didn't even realize it at the time. A lot of work that could have been avoided by simply waiting for 5-6 inches.

By here they were mostly all fell out, but I dindt know it. I couldn't tell based on the way they felt, and I was twisting them so they would maintain that dready look. Stupid.

THey were all fallen out here.

^^ THis was the progress I made basically all neglect. I didn't realize all my dreads fell out basically on day 2 or 3 but I just left them to mature as they would. Eventually I decided to try a starter method again. I really thought It would ultimately make them mature faster.

(Below) This is right after i decided to rebackcomb my hair... day 1 all over again.

Three months in after back comb...

4.5 months after rebackcomb... Progress really starting to take off...

Getting some excellent progress, started to decorate my locs.

This lil guy is my craziest dread.. its folded and spirled all the way up itself. I had it as straight as i could for the pic.. lol love it..

A shot of me outside kicking it.

Alright guys just a few pics at 5.5 months.

and one more for a good measure....

Love to see side by side progress. This was 5.5 months of waiting. loving the journey. be back here in a bit with an update!

^^ I made it to 7 months!!! Im excited. Here is how my dreads are looking. Mainentenace wise i have been trying some new things. I just used dr. Bronners for the first time. I personally liked it. The fragrance was quite nice, and the tingle sensation was nice as well. I also experimented with lightly twisting my hair and applying some aloe vera juice to help clean up the frizz and lose hair. I got really tired of people seeing my hair as just a curly mess, i wanted them to be able to see that i had dreads. I feel like the twist and gel helped, however i will let you all decide. I know the effects of overtwisting hair and i plan to use the technique quite sparingly. (First time i tried it in 7 months) I am not saying that you should do it, but i like the effect of it on my hair.

This photo is still right around the7th month mark. I have seen a ton of progress in the last month or 2 and just about all of my head is locked up. I have one or two that are fairly loose, but they are getting noticebly itighter by the day. I am not sleeping with a stocking cap or wrap. I dont use sea salt spray.

. Im getting to the point where i really want to try some different style with my locs. I think they are just getting locked up enough that i could get away with maybe brainding them back in french braids or cornrows. I think before the year mark i will def be getting them styled in some way, just have to find someone who knows how to do it! The journey has been so awesome and rewarding. I have put up with quite a few ugly hair days. But i can tell each day that my locks are getting closer and closer to the long luscious locs i imagined upon embarking on this journey. I look forward to the progress to come realizing my one year loc anniversary is but a few months away.

HAHAHA 8 months in and getting ancy to do some styles.

Side part.... eh.

I split one of my dreads. One in the very front of my head had a very awkward section and i didnt like the way the sectioning made the dread hang. It made a weird gap. SO i pulled the dread apart hair by hair very carefully creating a part and 2 sections shaped like squares. I tNR'ed the last 3 inches of this lil patch of hair i gathered and then i twisted it with aloe vera gel and pinned it to dry. Its stayed together well so far. You dont notice the lil baby amongst all the more mature locks and the dread i pulled the hair from maintained a good bit of knots so its fine. Ive got one lil baby lock now.

there is a house in new orleans...

see you soon for the ninth month update

Peace Be the Journey

UPDATE!! 9 MONTHS!

Havent been doing anything new. Stopped using the gel i was using before and used Neutrogena Residue Removing Shampoo to get out a little residue I found. It worked really well. Now im no longer using any types of gels and will not use them in the future. Unnecessary, too much work, damage. I just been washing and seperating. To the point now where pretty much everyone calls them dreads. I no longer have the dilemma of wondering when people were going to start seeing my dreads as dreads and stop refurring to my hair as an Afro or just curly hair. I was getting Tired of being called corbin bleau. lol

Without further ado, this is my 9 month update:

11 month update! decided to skip month 10, didnt have much progress. Cant believe next month is a full year. Going to take some cool pics in honor of the time passed.

Alright guys 1 year finale: these pics below are from months 12-13. They are looking good. getting long. still loving it. Sorry I havent updated in a while. Sorry they are not in order either.

Sweet Dri Fit headband. Workout accessory.

Advice from me: have patience. This journey is still fresh even after a year of progress. They are no where near fully mature. Still have alot of loose hair and bumps and zig zags. Just be patient. They will come in time.

updated by @bob-ngarly: 02/14/15 02:28:18AM
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

when I decided to grow out my hair for locs.

updated by @bob-ngarly: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

nice keep updating this as they progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

THREE WEEKS!!!!!!

(gotta show that thursday night bar steeze!!!)

loving my lil dreadies and the journey.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Just an update on my progress! I have been dreading for 6 weeks as of today! the ones on the back and left side of my head are really dreading alot faster than the rest of my head. The top is the slowest. Learning to just let them do whatever they want.

I love my hair and im getting lots of compliments along with the occasional hater.

let me know what you guys think. the last one is right after i washed it this morning.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looking great to me

keep updating every couple weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Thanks guys!

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Nice!!!
SquidFase
@squidfase
11 years ago
24 posts

Your hair is totally wicked awesome.

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

SCREW THE HATERS! THIS IS YOU! If they hate you for being what you are made to be, than screw em.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form