Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks and how they change you

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
11 years ago
91 posts

Thankyou so so mych for sharing this tyler! For the last 24 hours I have seriously been debating turning back on this 11month journey of my own. I guess i'm a little afraid now as im noticing real changes and my locks are begining to get tight and shrink up. I too believe this process of abandonment from cultural conformity and the ability to commit is something I want to achieve.

I woke up this morning still un decided. I didn't feel at peace about combing (and i realised i threw all mine away!) so i hopped in the shower to wash my dreads, feeling each one, and i realised i love them, and would regret it now if i did. I'm not done with this journey and still have much to learn. I hope i can write something like your story one day. whether i keep them or part ways with them one day.

Anyway thanks,

Peace

updated by @christina-popejoy: 07/22/15 12:15:55PM
beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

I hope you kept them.. i cut mine for the same reasons, a horrible past and as a marker for a fresh start (plus family not shutting up about them) but then regretted it, 6 months later i've re attached them. they are an older journey, but they represent everything that has shaped me into who i am today so I can't be without them. hope you kept them! just in case!

tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
11 years ago
19 posts

yeah im going to burn them ritually ginger :) they are in my dresser in a bag waiting for winter to pass here inPennsylvania.

ginger said:

Beautiful. May I ask what you did with them? For me, they would need ritual of some sort; but maybe you chose a different route?
The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
Thank you for this.... xoxoxo
Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
11 years ago
40 posts

man i know how you feel. everyone tells me i need to cut em off for a job. i dont think i need to though. they look pretty presentable tied back. about the first one, thats a horrible story haha, glad i dont drink thatd be so terrible. i dont mind the attention of being "that guy with dreads" myself. i consider them part of who i am now

Ashley :)
@ashley
11 years ago
3 posts

That was absolutely beautiful...That made my night reading that :) Thank you so much for sharing that :)

Gemma Williams
@gemma-williams
11 years ago
8 posts

I enjoyed reading this as someone who is just starting their dreadlock journey, thank you for sharing, peace always ;-))

Kato
@kato
11 years ago
18 posts
well said, that made me smile.peace to you:)
Joshua Perez
@joshua-perez
11 years ago
11 posts

I know what you are talkn about. My dreads has been growong more into a shield for me. Warding off evil. Its true what you say you grow with them. Just dont ever lose that. I started growing these as a symbol of survival. I went into a coma and almost died. But I didnt. These dreads will not die. It pulls me closer to mama and that is good.

LionOfJudah
@lionofjudah
11 years ago
13 posts

Lmao, I feel THAT, I could never go back to shampoo xD

arrows_of_the_rainbow said:

Amazing story, thanks for sharing.

(tho I don't know how you could possibly go back to normal shampoo and conditioner after dreadlocks. nevertheless, we all yield the freedom to do however we please and you seem totally confident with your decision. congrats brother

updated by @lionofjudah: 07/22/15 12:16:02PM

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form