Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Two journeys

three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts

Haha, I try to hold back on the sailing lingo because most of our readers are non-sailors but I gotta maintain my credibility you know. I have a nautical dictionary on the site under resources, I have been tempted to link each word but never will.

Being a diving instructor in HI sounds like a good gig to me. Hell, if you moved out to California and spend a year fixing up an old boat and learning to sail, you and your dog could have a hell of a story to tell and a place to live if you were up for a trip like that. It would teach a lot out about yourself, get you unplugged and make you feel more connected with the elements...just a though

I love Indo, there is definitely some magic in the waters of the south pacific I was just in Java visiting my wife's family and spent some time in Lombok just before we set sail. I don't know anything about importing dogs but I would imagine it must be doable, although that is a long, rough and possibly inhumane flight for a dog in the cargo hold.

We just got to La Cruz(wonderful little town) on sunday and it was an easy voyage full of the kind of wonders one can only find at sea that must be experienced first hand. I am working on an entry now and hopefully will get it up tonight.

Justin said:

Thanks man. I'm currently in the process of moving myself and my dog to Hawaii. I've been landlocked most of my life and finally learned how to SCUBA dive on a vacation in Hawaii a couple of years ago. It's been a crazy ride since then with a move to Bali after saving for a year to get through all my Dive Instructor training. I pent 6 months there training, working and just falling in love with the sea even though she tried to kill me a couple of times. Came back to the states and almost moved to Roatan on a whim but after checking it out for a month decided I wanted more options topside than it had to offer so Hawaii was suddenly back in the picture. Once I'm out there I plan on pursuing my Freediving Instructor certs as well and will start to explore the sailing world. If I hadn't had to move back to the states to get my dog I'd be living/working on a dive liveaboard in Indonesia right now. Face palm.

I do find the blog humorous as you can tell when your wife is writing and when you are. I've spent a fair amount of my diving time on all sorts of boats in the last few years and sailing is just a whole different beast. You start to throw the sailing jive around and I find myself scrambling to look up the words and laughing at myself (You should consider a link to some quick sailing terms for those of us who may be nautically challenged).

Again, the blog is a good read and hopefully the winds are in your favor on your next leg.

updated by @three-knots: 07/22/15 12:09:53PM
three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts

We took a rouge wave off the north coast of Colombia and this the story of how we survived the ordeal.
http://3-knots.com

three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts
Don't pull the plug on your plans. Obviously there are certain risks you must accept if you plan to head out to sea. Our accident was a total freak thing, there was more than likely a log in the wave, given the damage we sustained. We lived through it and are already looking at other boats.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

What a wonderful way for you and your wife & pup to begin your lives together. Ahhh, memories to last a lifetime......may the gentle wind always be on your back.....peace

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form