dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Two journeys

three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts

Hey everyone,

I grew my hair out for almost a year so I could start the dreading process. I have had my dreads for about a month or so, some were TnR others have began to form on their own helped by the winds and spray of the sea.

At the same time I started dreading, my wife and I began another journey on our 28ft sailboat. We are traveling from California to the Caribbean and both journeys thus far have been lessons in acceptance and patients. You can read about our sailing adventures at 3-knots.com if you are intereted

-much love

updated by @three-knots: 02/14/15 08:12:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

my parents spent 3 years in a 34 footer cruising the caribean i grew up racing j-24s and vacationing with 5 in that cramped lil space wed jump overboard to swim with jellyfish and sharks just to get away from eachother ..lol

maybe 2 in a 28 wont be so bad but ya never know

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

That's awesome man. I wish to one day do this. I'll follow your blog.

three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts

I learned to sail on j-24s myself, The space on our boat is fine for the my wife, my dog and myself. It would be nice to have more storage but apart from that we honestly have nothing to complain about as far as the boat goes.

soaring eagle said:

my parents spent 3 years in a 34 footer cruising the caribean i grew up racing j-24s and vacationing with 5 in that cramped lil space wed jump overboard to swim with jellyfish and sharks just to get away from eachother ..lol

maybe 2 in a 28 wont be so bad but ya never know

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
11 years ago
47 posts

Sounds like paradise.. <3

Good luck on your journey.. & make sure to post a timeline!!

three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts

Will do, just need to take some more pictures of the hair. That and find a reliable internet connection.

Daydreamer said:

Sounds like paradise.. <3

Good luck on your journey.. & make sure to post a timeline!!

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Wow how incredible! I applaude you and your wife for following your dreams, and going on this adventure. I too will be following your blog. Happy dreading and safe sailing to you and yours.

Joey5
@joey5
11 years ago
83 posts
Just out of curiosity.. Where does your dog "go" when out at sea? Jaja
three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts

Thank you everyone for you words of encouragement, we just got to La Cruz yesterday and it is wonderful here.

Joey, as for our dog, she uses a shallow tray with ultra absorbent towels that we tow behind the boat once used.

three knots
@three-knots
11 years ago
8 posts

I would highly recommend you give it a try. If you are serious about doing something like this you have to make it happen for yourself, it's not the kind of thing that just happens. If you have any questions just let me know and I'd be happy to help you out

Justin said:

I can't even describe how jealous I am right now. I've been toying with the idea of learning to sail recently and embarking on some sort of adventure similar to yours. The blog is great by the way and I look forward to following your adventures from the boredom of my couch for the time being. Safe travels friend.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form