Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scandinavian dreadlock progress

Lars Graversen
@lars-graversen
11 years ago
19 posts

A lot of Scandinavian's (Danish, Swedish and Norwegian people) is pretty scared about the thought of getting having dreads. They think that their hair won't dread properly because our hair ain't as thick and strong as many other people from around the world.

This is my progress. I'm a 18 year old high school student from Denmark, and i've been dreading for one month and a week now.
I will keep uploading new pics on this thread every month or so.

This is 2 weeks after back-combing (I do not recommend doing this, i diden't know anything about dreads by that time, i recommend letting your hair do it yourself by time.)

^ 2 weeks

This is my dreads today:

1 month and 1 week (wet dreads)^

1 month and 1 week (wet dreads)^

1 month and 1 week (dry dreads)^

For maintance, i do nothing but wash them a couple of times during the week, and i'm starting to seperate some of them.
I'm not able to get any good dread shampoo here in Denmark, so i'm just using a natural shampoo from a normal store, which has nothing in it that would harm.
I consider getting some aloe vera gel (pure aloe vera) and some saltwater and mix it with my natural shampoo, to make my own kind og shampoo. But that's just thoughts.

Have a great day out there, and i will post more pics later!

updated by @lars-graversen: 02/14/15 10:29:39AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

not bad :) tho id use sea salt not aloe aloe ill condition them right out of existence

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Dont use aloe until the dreads are fully mature. It is too conditioning. Just make the BS/ACV washes if you want to make your own shampoo.

Also, make sure that none of the sections are over one square inch at the scalp.

Lars Graversen
@lars-graversen
11 years ago
19 posts

Thanks for the replys guys. Aloe is a no go then.
I would like to do the BS wash, but im not able to translate the recipe correctly to danish.

Baking soda on danish is baking powder, and that would not be great to put in my hair i guess :)

Lars Graversen
@lars-graversen
11 years ago
19 posts

Btw Kelly, can you explain the last part of your reply in another way? Im not sure i understand it corretly :P

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Sodium bicarbonate is baking soda. Just look for that. a ratio of 1;10 BS/water. Then do the acv rinse after you've washed out the BS mix.

If a dread is bigger than one square inch, where it sits on the scalp, it is too big. When the dread matures it will reach the thickness of the section. You will have to maintain them differently to avoid mold etc.

Lotta Elofsson
@lotta-elofsson
11 years ago
10 posts

Hi, from another dreading scandinavian :)

Baking powder is NOT the same as Baking Soda. In sweden where I Iive BS is named Bikarbonat. Maybe it's the correct name in Denmark too?

Good luck with your dreads!

Lotta Elofsson
@lotta-elofsson
11 years ago
10 posts

Ah, one more tips if you want a shampoo anyway. I bought shampoo from dreadlocksshampoo.com. The shipping is expensive, but I love the shampoo and have to say it's worth every dollar, cent and penny. But we also have Dr. Bronners shampoo in some health stores here, or from dreadspullen in NL with lower shipping costs and no other fees. Personally I prefer dreadlocksshampoos locking up liquid to my baby dreads or BS wash.

Lars Graversen
@lars-graversen
11 years ago
19 posts

Thanks for the help guys :)
Im not able to buy from dreadlocksshampoo.com, idk why. It says it cant ship to Denmark.

Dr. Bronners is a no go where i live, since the shampoo should only work if you have soft water, and mine aint.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
You've got lovely hair, I bet it will loc up quite nice :) good luck and dread on brother.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form