Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat Dreads

Sarah14
@sarah14
11 years ago
17 posts
My dreads are about 7 months old and most of them are super flat on the ends. they are super tight now and I was wondering if they will round themselves out more. I have lost about 9 inches in lenght so now I am just waiting to watch them grow. You think they will stay flat on the ends?
updated by @sarah14: 01/13/15 09:44:43PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Some might. Some might round themselves out. There are a dozen factors that go into how they form.

Do you wear any tight hats like beanies, or tight bandannas?

Most likely they will mostly round themselves out. But locks change all the time. Even mature ones. As they get squished and mashed in different directions during sleep, washing, drying, etc...

Sarah14
@sarah14
11 years ago
17 posts
I don't....I just let em hang!! Would they get moldy if I wrapped some of them or put beads on them while wet?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

You can put beads on them, but I wouldn't wrap them while they are wet. It's hard enough to dry locks that are wrapped. You don't want to trap the moisture in there. If you want to help round them out, you can do a loose X pattern wrap. That way they can dry faster

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
10 years ago
36 posts
I'm almost 7mth. and I would say almost every one of mine are flat on the ends too. But just the ends. So I'm hoping they will round out. The roots are all round, I figure that is the important part. My hair is a hot mess right now. I'm trying to be patient. Not all of my hair is dreaded so I have these crazy long sections that haven't dreaded and these short, shrunken dreaded parts, like I said hot mess. I try to remind myself it is all part of the process and it is an ever changing one. Sometimes I find it helps to hear someone else is going through the same thing. Hope it does :) Peace
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Mine are super flat on the ends too. Also I have straight parts, rounding parts flat parts. A real hot mess. I laugh because I was walking around Nashville this weekend to see Ratdog, and a homeless dude told me where the soup kitchen was!!!!! It was awesome. I asked my husband, how bad do I really look?????? He laughed and said beautifully bad.......

Karen Guy
@karen-guy
10 years ago
36 posts
Haha I love that he said beautifully bad, so sweet. I keep asking my husband what mine look like and he says, like you're growing dreads. So I guess that is what a hot mess looks like lol Yay Ratdog! Hope you had fun.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form