Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlocking dreadlocks what it is and why its not recomended ever

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u undid the inerlocking that day theyd be ok but 2 months later i seruusly doubt u can undo the interlocking just leave em be to grow out and let em recover those spots will be weak however

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 04:25:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

so is many of ours mine included and freeforming worked beautifully

Huxi Buxi said:

It is actually possible.

After lots of washes and quite some hair loss I have managed to get rid ofa lot of them. so now I'm getting closer to starting my freeform dreadlocks adventure :)
However i am uncertain if my hair type will screw it all up (my hair is caucasian)

soaring eagle said:

if u undid the inerlocking that day theyd be ok but 2 months later i seruusly doubt u can undo the interlocking just leave em be to grow out and let em recover those spots will be weak however

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it still causes every interlock point to be a mimumum of 30% weaker then a healthy dread should be'

its 1 of the worse things u can do (locticians are the worse thibg) you teally should stop it imediatekly thio 3 years your ok what av=bout in 6? wantto see the extremes it can cause?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/retwisting-dreads-locs-dangers

watch the vid on there

thatwas from twisting not interlocking but its the same problem it causes

and it will happen if u continue'it takes time

roots never need tightenu[-jng and if u tighten them beyond wherethey naturaly tighten themselves u stress the roots and cause traumas

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it is indeed the worse method and it causes weakening thining balding etc its absolutely horrible and locticians always use the worse methods

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes oiits popular because u sell a extremely unhealthy look as "tidy" the scalp showinglook you shame them into thinking they have ti have scalp showing i]or be an outcsast but that look is traction alopecia and leads to balding its unhealthy its why 50 thousand 16 year old african americans a year nead hair transplants

QueenJenny said:

This post about interlocking being the worst method is completely untrue. I am a loctician and many of my clients have the interlocking method. I have had dreads since 1999 and have always maintained my locs by interlocking. I will admit that it does not work on Caucasian type hair. But for you to make a blanket statement that it is the worst method is completely untrue. Many of my clients are very happy with the look of their locs. Then again I have only maintained black kinky hair. The sisterlock technique and interlocking technique has been around for years and has gained more and more popularity among black people progessively over the last 10 years. Please do your research before you mislead people.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

here do your research

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you sound foolish it is traction alopecia caused by twisating wich interlockings even worse it is to do with 50k getting transplants its froim tightening the riooits tighter then roots should ever be tightened

facts

ignore em if you want but then you are the problem we have to fix and we will have to warn everyone to avoid you at all costs

you can either learn to do things right to keep dreads healthy or you can become the cause of all dread problems and therefore have to be warned against falling for your destructive ways

the guy going bald had 85% regrowth in 3 months after stopping the root tightening

whos the fool now?

if hes going bald it wouldnt et better

yiou make ppl go bald with interlocking

igf u see scalp your going bald

QueenJenny said:

You sound foolish. It's unfortunate but this young man is obviously going bald. it has nothing to do with interlocking. And interlocking has nothing to do with 50 thousand 16yr old african americans needing hair transplants.
soaring eagle said:

yes oiits popular because u sell a extremely unhealthy look as "tidy" the scalp showinglook you shame them into thinking they have ti have scalp showing i]or be an outcsast but that look is traction alopecia and leads to balding its unhealthy its why 50 thousand 16 year old african americans a year nead hair transplants

QueenJenny said:

This post about interlocking being the worst method is completely untrue. I am a loctician and many of my clients have the interlocking method. I have had dreads since 1999 and have always maintained my locs by interlocking. I will admit that it does not work on Caucasian type hair. But for you to make a blanket statement that it is the worst method is completely untrue. Many of my clients are very happy with the look of their locs. Then again I have only maintained black kinky hair. The sisterlock technique and interlocking technique has been around for years and has gained more and more popularity among black people progessively over the last 10 years. Please do your research before you mislead people.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and no interlocking alone isnt to blame but salons are too tight braiding too tight corn rows too tight weaves too tight twisting too tight interlocking the whole cuklture of forcing the roots to be so tight the hairs pulled out if the scalp with wide gaps of scalp showing

interlocking is just the worse manifesteation of a sick practice that is started when most are just kids thats why 16 year olds are going bald

for most its inocent ignorance theyjust arent aware of the cause of the balding they arent aware that the root tightening is causeing traction lopecia

but a salon should know a thing or 2 aboput hair and not profit from causing harm

you should teach your clients whats good and bad not just take their money and make em go bald

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

scalp

scalp

scalp

each and every 1 of these are going bald just not as advanced as the video

more scalp then hair

each and every 1 of these has traction alopecia