Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlocking dreadlocks what it is and why its not recomended ever

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

and sam and queenjenny this is from someone whos dedicated her life to healthy hair treatment ..
shes practicly got a phd in hair care if only they offered 1 shed have 1

now do u get it fact is fact and the locticians that do this to you lie to you out of greed

Panterra Caraway said:

I find it incredible that anyone would think that putting undue tension on the hair (most especially at the scalp!) would be harmless. Even wearing pony tails or braids daily causes breakage and in extreme cases...balding. Anyhing that repeatedly compromises the circulation to the scalp causes damage! Wow. Who would think that they need to do anything to lock their hair anyway? Just because someone can physically do something...like force a dread to become a pretzel!...doesn't make it right. My dreads naturally dread almost right up to my head and it is very uncomfortable and I have had breakage in areas. So, why would you want to replicte the situation when you don't need too? I have done hair for 31 years and trust me....there are alot of peple out there who can and do perform all kinds of services on hair and many of them are needless. They are peormed because that iswhat someone wants...and many times, when you try to tell them how harmful it is they don't care to listen....until later, when their hair starts to beak off or fall out. By then, it takes Herculean rfforts to right the situation...if it is possible at all. Why create problems?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 02:45:23PM
Christa McGill
@christa-mcgill
10 years ago
2 posts

I am black and I have had healthy beautiful dreads for 9 1/2 years,that I started and maintain myself! I love them they are long and healthy and I use a number of techniques to maintain my hair! I have had zero breakage zero thinning spots and I don't use heavy products on my hair EVER, I only use natural oils and co wash three times a month!

Her dreads are very beautiful but they do look maintained maybe she doesn't interlock them but she is doing something to keep her roots from blending into the other surrounding dreads at her scalp, I will guess the occasional palm rolling because her roots are tightened in every shot in the slide show! She has also clearly lighted some of her dreads as well! I wouldn't call this a Neglect method at all. But they are very pretty and healthy looking, but so are mine!! Namaste dreaded kinfolk!

soaring eagle said:

Find more photos like this on dreadlocks forums

all natural (neglect/freeform) never maintained

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

roots tighten themselves she does zero maintenance

and what ppl who interlock call healthy and beautiful...isnt..either

--
Christa McGill
@christa-mcgill
10 years ago
2 posts

She doesn't have to separate her dreads EVER??? Because if she so much as separates her roots to keep the locs form growing together that would be considered maintenance! I have dreads have had them for almost 10 years and I am black with very thick curly hair. If I don't separate the roots my dreads start to merge into each other...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

yes seperarting is all you should ever do

--
Sheba
@sheba
10 years ago
1 posts

Hello I would say look at your hair with it being so soon you should be able to take one and see if that is what they did I would think I tell you one thing I learned out of my experience and some people may not like it but it is my opinion,so I will speak on my own hair I did not care for going to the salon because I did not like it tobe pulled so tightlytwisted even tighter I thought(this is just me now) my hair could not breath and I had fear of it thinning out.When I let it do its own thing, set it free sort of speak,I was blessed.I tried to upload pics I see it didnt work but I will try again not for any vain purposes but just that you can see,And all my grey hair agrees ;)

Big Meech said:

I just had my hair twisted at a salon to start the process, the hairdresser told me to come back in 2 months time, when I did she interlocked my hair, it's been a week now and i'm just now reading this. Is there anyway I can take my hair out and start the process over, or is it already too late?

/ 16
Dislike 6

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form