Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

short asian hair

via argueta
@via-argueta
12 years ago
1 posts
so my hair doesn't even reach my shoulders and since i'm of asian decent, my hair is extremely straight. any advice on how i should get started?
updated by @via-argueta: 01/13/15 09:33:42PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I,personally, haven't seen it, but Eagle has known Japanese people who's locks actually formed faster than some European hair. So it being straight is not really a lockpreventor. The speed that locks form is due to thousands of factors.

So... Have you checked out the dreaducation page yet?

Neglect is always the most healthy. But not everyone is ready to just do nothing. TnR is the next most healthy way. I would recommend that to you if you want a starter method. Back combing is the other ok starter method, but it rips out hairs and does more damage to your hair and scalp than I think it's worth.

What you really need to pay attention to is washing. Baby locks need to be washed often. 2-3 times a week with a non residue soap. Non-residue is not the same as anti-residue. Dr. Bronners is good for soft water, but does not rinse out well in hard water. The BS/ACV wash is my favorite, but it's the sam as Dr. Bronners with not working well in hard water. Dreadlockshampoo.com offer a ton of liquid or bar soaps that are great for any water type.

Your locks will untangle when you wash them, when you sleep, possibly while you're looking at them in the mirror. But the next day they will start tangling again. And then come out again the next day. It's a 1 step forward 2 steps back process for a few months. So don't worry about them coming untangled. And don't reTnR them. This set the progress back to day 1.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

asain hair is no harder to dread then any other contrary to popular belief so you absolutely can gpo natural

\yea my sis's ex was japanese but his was waist lenth and drads formed in a single night...only hours

so u can start any way u want but the less u do the better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form