Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To Congo?

S!deShoBOB
@sdeshobob
12 years ago
3 posts

Ok, so i got alot, alot of dreadies. about 104 to be exact. There are a few around my forehead that are rather thin. And i have recently noticed that the hair that is regrowing on my hair line is not making its way into any of the dreads. Now i have done no maintenance over the past 6 months since I've gotten my dreads. So im wondering if i should just let them be and hope for the best or congo them together with another thin one to make it stronger? I just don't want the dreads to fall out or break off.

updated by @sdeshobob: 01/13/15 09:33:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

perfectly normal to have those loose hairs around the face its fine i wouldnt congo those till more mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
S!deShoBOB
@sdeshobob
12 years ago
3 posts

Ok, how often should i be ripping a pulling. I dont want to cause damage but i dont want them the congo.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i have like 207 & i found some really weird short little hairs up front & some of my sections are super thin, i'm just letting things go & see where i end up.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

love the way those look btw ;)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

As long as the roots are strong, there's no reason to congo them. That is, if you want them to be roughly the same size. Different sizes look really cool, though. I love the look of super fat locks. That why all but 2 of mine are congoed.

And you will always have loose hairs around your hair line. Mine are 6 years old and I still have fuzzies there. It's just natural. Those are the hardest for locks to eat up, because they are only surrounded by locks on 1 side. So they only spend 1/2 the time rubbing against other locks. You could bead them or wrap them to a lock, but I'd just leave them be. If they want to tangle, they will. If not, they will add an extra layer of protection to your scalp against sun rays

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

And only rip them apart when the body of the lock starts connecting. If they are tangled within 1/2" of the root, let it be. They should always be in a state of semi tangle by your scalp. I posted a video a few days ago about how to separate

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form