Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I NEED HELP starting my natty dreads!

Dallas
@dallas
12 years ago
7 posts

well what if the water I mix it with is purified and I just mix it in a pitcher as eagle said

updated by @dallas: 07/10/15 03:20:35AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

For washing purposes, I don't see a problem with it. But out of curiosity, I googled "purified vs hard water", and came up with this:

http://blog.watershed.net/2008/06/03/why-purified-water-is-bad-for-you/

It's worth a look. I then checked one of my favorite bottled teas, and realized I should probably stop drinking it, or at least not as much as I do now

Dallas
@dallas
12 years ago
7 posts

Damn what a point, then what do you recommend :[

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I have heard great review of soft water filters for your shower head. You should be able to find them at any hardware store.

Using distilled water every 3-4 days, externally, should not give you a problem. If you use dit every day, it would be bad. And if you drank it, that would be a problematic

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can filter or distill water or get a water softerner instak]=lled

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dallas
@dallas
12 years ago
7 posts

ok thanks you guys so I just have two last questions how do I let my hair dry after washing it!?! And wash only every 3 days you said?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Dallas, you can wash every 2-3 days. Some people like to wash more, some a little less. Some like to was once a week. Really, it's up to you. If you feel like you need to wash, but it's only been 2 days, don't fret. Just wash. All that is really important is to make sure that your hair is completely dry between washes.

Robyn, You might want to look into boiling your water, or getting a water softener for your shower head. Either way will work. But if you ever notice that after washing with BS, you get a little white flaking, or it itches soon after, then it's a hard water issue.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form