Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Quick Questions

Sarah13
@sarah13
12 years ago
11 posts

I started my natural dreadlock journey about a week ago and have a couple questions..

It has been very hot and humid here in southern California and I have been wearing a loose tam as a way to keep my hair out of my face and covered until my hair looks more sectioned and less like I just got out of bed, haha. Since it is so hot here, wearing even the lightest tam can be brutal so I was wondering if gathering my hair into a loose ponytail just to get it off my neck would be ok, or would that hinder the dreading process?

Also, I have been washing with the baking soda/acv rinse and was wondering if the acv rinse is necessary? I read somewhere that it was to balance the ph levels in your hair, and another site said that it was a conditioner.

Would it be damaging if I just washed with the baking soda mixture? I only ask because the acv rinse is almost unbearable.. the instant I pour it on, I wanna rinse it off. I have been doing about 1 ounce of acv to 8 ounces of water, is that too much?

Thanks

updated by @sarah13: 01/13/15 09:33:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats fine with typing em up the acv is nesacary or your hair will get dry and brittle your scalp itch and flake and your hair get weaker slowly

and thatswayyyy to strong but u do want to rinse it imediately untill marure

ok to recap agfain baking soda 1/2 cup per 5 cups water soak 10 min then rinse

new dreads aq spoonfull or 2 axcv per 5 or more cuops water (probly 1/2 oz per 64 oz?) rince imedietly

marure dreass use about the same 1/2 cup per 5 cups soak 3 min then rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah13
@sarah13
12 years ago
11 posts

ok, thanks! I will change the amounts to the ones you said until they mature

soaring eagle said:

thats fine with typing em up the acv is nesacary or your hair will get dry and brittle your scalp itch and flake and your hair get weaker slowly

and thatswayyyy to strong but u do want to rinse it imediately untill marure

ok to recap agfain baking soda 1/2 cup per 5 cups water soak 10 min then rinse

new dreads aq spoonfull or 2 axcv per 5 or more cuops water (probly 1/2 oz per 64 oz?) rince imedietly

marure dreass use about the same 1/2 cup per 5 cups soak 3 min then rinse

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form