Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlockshampoo review needed

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
May I please get a review on liquid dreadlockshampoo, the dreadlockshampoo bar, and the lock magic locking gel. I have hair to short to dread now (about 1inch) I have thick coarse Caucasian hair. On dreadlockshampoo website they say the liquid shampoo is for new dreads. Does this mean the bar soap is for mature dreads? Mine haven't even formed yet, If I use the liquid method or bar soap method I am obviously going to massage the soap into my scalp/hair. Will the "massaging of the soap" prevent my hair from dreading as fast comparing it to the BS/ACV wash. Because the BS/ACV wash is extremely gentle, would that make my hair dread faster? Thanks a lot -Teddyjo
updated by @teddyjo: 01/13/15 09:33:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its not thart the bars arent great on new dreads its just that the liquids better for hard to dread new dreads

the bs wont undo knots so it might be lil better at 1st tho vicki was going to post her dauf-ghters pics soon she washed her hair wu[=ith the liquid and in just 3 days o=it was dreding

at 1 inch it really doesnt matter which u use as u need lot more length to dread 1st

reveiew the bars ar awesome and i love em

the liquids are great but i rprefer the bars

the gels great stuff y dont need to use much of or often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
How do you use the bar in your hair?
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
How much length you think until it starts to dread? Like how much time would it approximately take? I'm not counting on the answer you give me to be 100% accurate because obviously everyones hair is different and dreads at different rates.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i rub the bar on my head to get some soap on then use fingertips to rub it in getting a lather going

Teddyjo said:

How do you use the bar in your hair?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

typicaly 6 inches but si90metimes shortwr at 1/2 inch average monthly growth thats 10 months however

take biotin

biotin takes 3 month s to begin to work but then doubles growth

so thats 1 1/2 inches till it works then 1 inch per month so 7 months about instead of 10

but again some times hair dreads at 2-4 incges

taking biotin ill get u there soom=ner tho

Teddyjo said:

How much length you think until it starts to dread? Like how much time would it approximately take? I'm not counting on the answer you give me to be 100% accurate because obviously everyones hair is different and dreads at different rates.

--
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I use the liquid lockin-up dreadlock shampoo and my husband and I both noticed lately that it is unraveling our dreads a bit at the ends...but then again young dreads to that anyways so it might not be the shampoo. I love the smell of the Dragons Blood though. OH BUT DON'T GET IT IN YOUR EYES!!!!! I swear that shit stung worse than anything lolol.

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

I find it to be slightly conditioning, I'm going to save mine until my dreads mature a bit more and just use BS. The gel is really good stuff but make your hair really stiff, works well if you use it before bed, won't be so stiff then. I personally didn't want to spend the time applying though, so went back to sea salt spray. I think they are really good products though, but would recommend waiting until you dreads mature a bit.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form