Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Quick question(s)

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
May I please have very detailed instructions on washing via BS/AVC. And will getting your hair wet(not washed) in shower water once a day slow down the dreading process? Is it bad to touch/rub your hair, will it slow down dreading process? I'm going the natural root
updated by @teddyjo: 04/06/18 03:40:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mix the 1/2 cup baking soda and any oilds u want

wet hair

asdd the 5 cups water and stir

pour over head

do whatever u do to waste time in the shower (dont tell us we dont want to know about that!)

after 10 minutes or when your finnished doing what u do ..rinse

pour in a capfull or so acv and add ater tir pour and rinse

wetting daily wont slow it might speed it but when dreaded u wont want to wet it daily so start showering every 2 days to get used to it (your skin will thank you)

rubbing can create knots 1 day destroy em the next its best to noyt rub early on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Alright thanks, how bad is chlorine for your hair (going In a pool)? And how bad is going in a lake? While I still have short hair, should I just simply hop in the shower and rinse with just water after going into a lake or pool or ocean?
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Or just leave it be
Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

I do usually just rinse lake water out of mine...(seawater i like to leave be) Haven't had access to a pool this year. But i would rinse that too if it were me.

Teddyjo said:

Alright thanks, how bad is chlorine for your hair (going In a pool)? And how bad is going in a lake? While I still have short hair, should I just simply hop in the shower and rinse with just water after going into a lake or pool or ocean?
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Was kinda wondering about lake water too. I'm going to te beach tomorrow and it's a freshwater lake beach. I wasn't gonna worry too much though, figured I'd wait to was my hair till I got home though. Ya know instead of the day before, then the next day. Shrug.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

chlorines bad so b4 u swim in chlorine soak your head so it absorbs less

then wah after with soap never baking soda altho acv after is ok

lakes and oceans arent as bad but u want to rinse or wasg after remember ewers empty into them fish use em as bathrooms (and die and rot in em) polution ends up in em..if its not pure enough to drink u probly want to wash it out when u can ofcoutse o[if your camping in the woods u gotta except a lik funkiness till y can get to ashower

--
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
By soaking b4 chlorine, do you mean to just get my hair soaked in normal shower water? And by "wash after with soap" is dr. Bronners diluted 1-12 okay as "soap"
Rachel Parsons
@rachel-parsons
12 years ago
30 posts
I would rinse lake water for sure Eugh lol. I could see that smelling pretty musty. I rinsed out ocean water the other day cause my hair was literally crusty LOL. But ocean water I've found speeds up the process quite a lot. And the shower head I noticed (on me) seems to undo knots so I started swishing my head in a bathtub or sink of water
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes and yes

Teddyjo said:

By soaking b4 chlorine, do you mean to just get my hair soaked in normal shower water? And by "wash after with soap" is dr. Bronners diluted 1-12 okay as "soap"

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form