Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how can i get my dreads to thicken up and how can i make the ends neater

jackson
@jackson
12 years ago
4 posts

hi i started my dreads last september but my hair was very short after some advise on here i just stopped combing my hair didnt use any wax or other techniques just stopped doing anything with my hair just washed it now i would like to know if theres anything i can do to thicken them up and get the tips neater also i want to know if theres anything i can do to help the loose hairs pull in.

is there anything i should be doing or do they look to be going ok to say there only 11 months old.

any advise would be great thanks for reading!

updated by @jackson: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will still thickemn more se the section are still a bit k[larger then the dreads

whats wrong with the tips they look fine

sea salt will help loose hairs suck in

but u dont have that many so why worry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They are only a year old. They may not be in their infant stages anymore. They may be mature, but locks change all the time, even when they are fully mature. They look fine. When you look at them in the mirror and even out of the corner of your eyes, you are seeing them much much closer than anyone else is seeing them. Of course you see more loose hairs. Locks never end up completely smooth unless you use wax or other products to glue them down.

In time they will get sucked into the lock. But then again, when that happens, other will get squeezed out. It's an ever changing cycle.

As for the tips, what don't you like about them? They should be wispy like that. Clean and blunt tips hold water in and take 8-12 more hours to dry. This can lead to mold and mildew.

Don J
@don-j
12 years ago
11 posts

Are your dry rolling or have?

Used the sea salt, rinse your head once, then soak with the salt water and roll each once. Let "fully" dry (uses a hair blower medium heat on low fan if it takes longer then 30 minutes to dry)

Then rinse wash like you normally do and keep doing it every week or 2 till you feel its not helping anymore, condition if it feels dry to the point its brittle and Aloe Vera works great for that and loose hairs.

Like they say, blunts aren't the greatest and you still would have the random hair unless you do the c word... dreads are messy... but if you really want... just fold the tip in when rolling with the salt, or rub the tip into the palm, but be forward bumps will happen if you force things. I did both ways and still not fully blunted, but it did what I wanted and what I feel you are looking for.

Source: This site helped a lot and doing it myself, I was dry rolling all the time and it looked similar to that. It is dreading and it will keep knotting but it will be puffy with no water. Water helps the knotting, salt just drys it faster and adds friction. I also T-shirt tie my hair back at night for less rubbing on the pillow and a "dew rag" would work too. Not to tight, it can flatten the dread over time.

I shouldn't really try helping till after a year but its just the same thing people say over and over. Give it time.Looking good, keep it up

jackson
@jackson
12 years ago
4 posts

thanks everyone i will try the salt water more often and just let them do there own thing

jackson
@jackson
10 years ago
4 posts

not sure if anyone will read this stuck at it 2 years on past shoulder length just using salt water in a mister and biotin best thing i ever did

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they look awesome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jackson
@jackson
10 years ago
4 posts

soaring eagle said:

they look awesome

thanks just took the advice on here and there going great even better now i can tie them back for summer

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

They look amazing!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form