Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting the journey of dreads

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
I have buzzed hair and I want to start natural/neglect dreadlocks. I'm going to just grow my hair out from here on out and never comb it or do anything to it.I have thick coarse Caucasian hair and I was wondering what i should wash my hair with, and how frequently I should wash it. I currently use dr. Bronners 18 in 1 tea free soap
updated by @teddyjo: 01/13/15 09:32:31PM
Jess H
@jess-h
12 years ago
14 posts

SE used Dr Bronners stuff. If you want a change, then do the Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar wash that everyone seems to love on here (do not get it in your eyes, it stings like a bitch).

Wash it whenever you need to, but if it's more than 3 times a week, then try pushing back the days when you do wash it. Freezing cold rinses help with the ichyness.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners should be diluted alot 12 times more water then soap

but even at 40-1 it wont work in hard water

baking soda is great cause u dont scrub

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is amazing if u use shampoo

it works in any water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Alright thanks a bunch, what exactly is this baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinse? And does it leave your hair smelling like vinegar?
Jess H
@jess-h
12 years ago
14 posts

You add about 3/4 tablespoons of baking soda to around 1 litre of warm water, pour it on your roots and dreads. Leave it for about 10 minutes. Rinse it, then add 3 capfulls of ACV to warm water and rinse with cold water.

No, it doesn't smell, but you can add a few drops of teatree oil or something to make it actually smell of something.

The discussion on amounts is here: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/baking-soda-and-sea-salt-ratios

Teddyjo said:

Alright thanks a bunch, what exactly is this baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinse? And does it leave your hair smelling like vinegar?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form