Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sections are different all over my head!

Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts

I have had my dreads for a little over a month now and I did them myself with the rip & twist method. I had very little help in sectioning my hair and now I am concerned. Some sections are more circle or square like and I have a few that are almost a straight line. My hair is fine and I dont have a lot of it so the sectioning was hard to keep organized. So is this ok? Will this cause them to be weak? Will they dread awkwardly? I dont want to have complications when wearing different styles in the future!

Any reasurrance would be great!!

updated by @sarah14: 01/13/15 09:32:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

these are my dreads

i did no sectioning at all jut let them dread naturally

no t sections are alike many are teardrop shaped or lines blobs amoebas stars moons clovers (lucky charms haha)

why should dreads be all the same

in fact i have 1 dread thats as thin as the letter l on your screeen and thats 3 dreads combined its still strong enough to be 4 feet long

dreads of diferent shapes and sizes blend better looking more natural instead of the harshness of perfect conformity

be glad they are the way they are only issue to worry bout is if hauirs from 1 section are in another

or if u forced enm to be big and the roots want to split and form 2 or more dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts

Thanks a bunch. It seems like this past month I have weird dreams about my dreads falling out or turning out to be complete opposite of what I was trying to achieve. This website really helps!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont try to acheive anything just allow them to become

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts

ahhhh those dreams are the worse!!! lol i had them too! i'd wake up and run to the mirror or run my hands trhough my hair to make sure theyre still there. lol i think every dread has that dream...as the Frank Cook quote in the front page of the site goes...i think its your body's way to show you that your dreads are growing inward, and affecting the way ur brain works! lol.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They only thing that really causes locks to fall out is maintenance. Palm rolling, crocheting, interlocking., etc...

All of those methods put too much strain on your roots. If you just let them be, they will be strong and healthy.

I have 3 locks whose roots are about 2 inches wide. Others are the size of pencils. And a few in between. Randomness is what makes then stronger and more organic looking. Even the ones your TnR'd will change and unravel and separate into sections that are more comfortable for them. Let this happen

Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts

sweet....so good to hear.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form