Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

rubber bands.

Bethany4
@bethany4
12 years ago
6 posts

i've had my dreads for almost 3 months now. i've constantly kept the tips in rubber bands. after a few weeks, i would change the rubber bands and put new ones in. i'm now considering to keep the rubber bands off the ends. any advice? does anyone else band their dreads?

updated by @bethany4: 01/13/15 09:32:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

rubber bands are horible take them off right away they should not be on 1 day let alone a week or a month

all your doing is prevenbting progress and harming your dreads not to mention risking seriusly bad consequences like having them swallowed or melting into the dreads

take them off roght away and leave em off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you dont ever want to even use rubber bands to tie em back or anything no rubber bands should ever be used on dreads!

--
Bethany4
@bethany4
12 years ago
6 posts

i'm glad i asked then. i've just been scared of them coming undone. the two pictures with this post show my dreads with bands and right after i took them out. i also dyed a few of them yesterday.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i just read your site and u got multiple problems using rubber bands for months is 1

but you also waxed twice and crochetted those too are horibly bad the crichet u cant fix the damage it causes all yiu can do is stop and wait to recover wich takes a very long time

the wax using it only 1 time will screw u up forever if u dont agresivly remove it

so you must do wax removal

tip do not use wax b gone till the bands are out anything that is strong enough to remove wax will melt the rubber into yoir dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they never had to hbe "put in" so theres jno reason to worry biut them falling out they need to be free to move to knot and dread

the blunted ends will hold in water making them take way ,[longrr to dry too

if u put dreads in and they fall out in no time they will redread on their own anyway

and they would dread naturally in their natural sections

Bethany said:

i'm glad i asked then. i've just been scared of them coming undone. the two pictures with this post show my dreads with bands and right after i took them out. i also dyed a few of them yesterday.

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form