Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Finally! (inspirational, motivational, fun)

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

I started dreading a year and 13 days ago ....my hair was 1 inch long...and now, its down to my jawline ...I was involved in a horrible accident, and i shattered my knee and collerbone, i was told I would never run again ... no more sports, no more activities, no more living. But I was more than thankful , because I could still stand, and walk....Thank God I made it out in this condition...It was during that time thatI decided I would go for dreadlocks .... the natural way , Because that's really the only way to get them, in my opinion.I'vealways wanted dreadlocks, since as long asI could remember...but I was afraid of what people would think, how people would look at me, and my family wouldnt support me . But now! I'm awakened from that state of mind and my dreads are finally forming. It's been a long wait, but I'd do it all over if I had to.

I want to look like man...untouched by judgement, untouched by looks, untouched by life itself.

Up until about 4 weeks ago...I was having NO progression with dreadlocks, and now...the transformation has more than just begun! Thankyou all for the support , tips , and stories that got me through all of this, you are all like family, much love <3

Never give up on what you want, never settle for anything less than what you are worth, live to be different , don't follow socieitys rules, LIVE! Your only gunna be on this earth once , make it count .

ONE LAST THING:
I've been thinking about making youtube videos about my journey, what do you guys think? Also, I write poetry, so If anyone is ever bored, or interested in reading some, Please ask. I'd love to share my words with the world, thanks :D

updated by @ricky-aka-ricky: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

definately make some vids

btw the loss of sports isnt the loss of life in fact its more the begining theres so much more to life then chasing balls

it makes perfect sense that your just now seeing progress since your just reaching that length after a years growth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

natural dread videos are always awesome & they are really needed to go against the crochet & wax promotion on youtube, we are outnumbered there.

& I love poetry & would be interested in reading some <3

sorry about your accident, good to hear you have stayed positive about it. glad to see & read about your progress & hope to be seeing more of your journey to come :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form