Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this method of baking soda/ACV rinsing okay for starter dreads?

Satya Yuga
@satya-yuga
12 years ago
4 posts

Hey guys... I've been trying to go natural and started about 3 months ago... Was wondering if this method of rinsing is okay for starter dreads.

If you cannot bother watching the video, the guy just adds 1/4 baking soda, 3/4 ACV and 1 tblespoon of salt into a sink of water and washes his hair...

Is this method okay for starter dreads? Or will it prevent my hair from dreading! Over the 3 months I have noticed some difference in my hair, but it has not gone very notty yet, and cannot notice any baby dreads. I am trying to be patient, but sometimes I worry I am doing things wrong that are preventing my hair from dreading.

Any info would be awesome!

updated by @satya-yuga: 02/14/15 11:19:46AM
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I have baby dreads (5 days old) and I use 1/2 cup baking soda in 5 cups of water. I add in 5 drops of Rosemary Oil and 5 drops of Tea Tree oil. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes (depending on how dirty my head is at the moment)
If my head needs conditioning I use a cap full of acv per 32oz of water.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Check out the dreaducation tab up top darlin, helps a lot <3 (:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never mix baking soda and acv together thats all wrong it chemicaly reactes (think science fair volcanoes ) causing heat and foam creatting a whole diferent chemical you do not want in your hair

use 1/2 cup baking soda in 5 cups water pour on soak 10 min then rinse (u can add sea salt to that ) after rinsing baking soda use 1 tablespoon acv in 5 cups and rinse imedietly

when mature use same anmount acv as bs and soak 3 min b4 wrinsing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Satya Yuga
@satya-yuga
12 years ago
4 posts

Thank you all for you're help! Will stop doing this, and use the advice you guys have given.. I have been doing that rinse for about 3 months every week.. wish I had discovered this site earlier.. Hopefully I haven't damaged my hair too much...

Much love

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

You're welcome! <3 much love & good luck on your journey!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

also dont use lemon juice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
What does lemon juice do to your dreads? I used to use it to lighten my hair, but I didn't have dreads then...
Satya Yuga
@satya-yuga
12 years ago
4 posts

Sorry I need another clarification.. Somewhere I read 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 cup of water?
Or do i need to do 1/2 cup of baking soda in 5 cups and pour it all onto my hair?

Today I did 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1 cup of water and accidentally put in 5 drops of rosemary and teatree oil

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

after i pour the 5 cups into a pitcher I add the 1/2 cup bs. then add the rosemary and tea tree oils, mix well and then pour (:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form