Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

really loose ends after washing.

will Stephens
@will-stephens
12 years ago
4 posts

I'm about 4months into my second set of dreads. I started these with the twist and rip method. I am of mixed race (african american and white) so my hair is soft but moderately curly. After I wash them about 1-2.5 inches come out depending on the dread. Usually I do the twist and rip to tighten them back up and am wondering if this is bad for them or not? Sould i just leave them alone or should I continue to do this? I was washing them with the shampoo bar from "dreadlockshampoo.com" and am thinking about ordering the liquid stuff from them because it's better for newer dreads. Thanks for the help!

updated by @will-stephens: 01/13/15 09:31:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

everytime u tnr u reset the prigress

its completely normal to have loose tiips for awhile

they would have dreaded to the tips most likely by now but your preventing hat progress by resetting it to day 1 every tume u wash

if the tip stay loose it will dry faster as well

but in your hair type its pretty unlikely that the tips will stay loose

geneticly theres an advantage to the way dreads dread

african hair blunts to hold in moisture since africans come from africa a hot humid place same for the skin pigmentation lets less heat be absorbed so blunt dreads staying damp to cool the head prevents overheating

caucasians come from cooler climates where dreads staying damp longer causes mold

in most cases dreads will dread that makes sence geneticly ..loose tips in straighter hao=ir blunt in kinky hair

all you should be doing is letting it do as it will naturally

let em loosen they will then tighten on their own..without being forced

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
will Stephens
@will-stephens
12 years ago
4 posts

Alright thanks for your help! And before i forget, I should continue to wash at least twice a week correct?

soaring eagle said:

everytime u tnr u reset the prigress

its completely normal to have loose tiips for awhile

they would have dreaded to the tips most likely by now but your preventing hat progress by resetting it to day 1 every tume u wash

if the tip stay loose it will dry faster as well

but in your hair type its pretty unlikely that the tips will stay loose

geneticly theres an advantage to the way dreads dread

african hair blunts to hold in moisture since africans come from africa a hot humid place same for the skin pigmentation lets less heat be absorbed so blunt dreads staying damp to cool the head prevents overheating

caucasians come from cooler climates where dreads staying damp longer causes mold

in most cases dreads will dread that makes sence geneticly ..loose tips in straighter hao=ir blunt in kinky hair

all you should be doing is letting it do as it will naturally

let em loosen they will then tighten on their own..without being forced

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes thats great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus