Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

quick lice kill

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes so the lil buggers came to visit again 2x in 22 years aint bad but have no idea where i got em

but i had been itching a few days thinking it was dandruff but could sorta tell by the itch it might be bugs then the lice showed up found 2 on my arm when i woke up the other day

so straight to the shower i went did a 1/2 assed alcahol treatment saw a few die and fall off then added neem seed oil to the baking soda and acv and as a extra precaution to a final clear water/neem rinse

2 days later had a lil itchiness here and there so spot treatted with neem by dipping a finger in and rubbing the itchy areas

that was last night

today still il itches but seems like almost all died

neem seed oil also interferes with the birth cycle so you shouldnt have to kill off multiple generations

today i had like the bottom 1/4 inch of a i guess 3 or 4 oz bottle left so i added the last of my dragonsblood shampoo from www.dreadlockshampoo.com to the remaining neem oil and really lathered up waited a few min and rinced well

and in just a couple days i think im just about good i do have enough to wash 2 or 3 more times with this shampoo batch i made but im pretty convinced that neem seed oils the quickest most effective and safe treatmnent

i am going to order more jut in case i do need to spot treat lil more or just in case i ever get em again

but definately think the neem seed oil works amazingly well to kill em and keep em from reproducung

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 02:00:39AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Good to know. I'll have to pick some up in case of an emergency since my son is going into 2nd grade and these are the years where lice is prolific.

BeauZay
@beauzay
12 years ago
92 posts

Great info, and thanks for sharing SE.

KafkaX
@kafkax
12 years ago
69 posts

Yeah, I think I got my first case...Think I picked it up from this years gathering...Got bites behid my ears and on my neck as well as my scalp...

So I need to put acv/bs/neem seed all together? Ive heard that rubbing alcohol works too, does anyone have any experience with that?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ni what i did was alcohol 1st that kills alot of em then i add the neem to a shampoo and wash with that every 2 days

i thought i got en all but still have a few more to kill but next wash should do it

pour 70% rubbing alocohol over your bunned up dreads u dont got to soak em its the g=fumes that kill if u can then wrap the bun up tightly in plastic wrap sealing in the fumes

wait 15 min minumum but 30 is best then rinse out and wash with the meem shampoo

--
KafkaX
@kafkax
12 years ago
69 posts

Well, now im not sure if its lice or not...

A friend came over and throughly checked my scalp/hair for eggs or bugs and she saw nothing. I personally have never seen any lice/eggs, I was solely going off my own intuition because of how fucking itchy my scalp is and the bites on my neck/behind my ears.

So I dont know what to do...Im going to keep doing the rubbing alcohol/neem treatments for the next week just to be sure, but any other opinions as to what it could be?

My friend said I have a really dry scalp and thats why im probably itching, but that doesnt explain the bites on my neck...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

could be bedbugs?

--
KafkaX
@kafkax
12 years ago
69 posts

Its possible, well see. Thanks SE.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

when u do the alcahol u should see enm fam=lling out

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

The itching very well could be dry scalp (which won't help that you are doing the alcohol) and the bites could just be a coincidence (like flea, spider, or bed bugs.) If ever I have a local cluster of bites from waist to head then it's more likely a spider in my case. I live and let live when it comes to spiders and they thank me by taking the occasional sip. :P

Anything usually below the knee is likely flea but there are definite exceptions to this if there is an infestation or animals sleep in the bed.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form