Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I am having trouble with the back comb method..

Manda
@manda
12 years ago
1 posts

The past few weeks I have been attempting to learn all I can about dreads, how to do them ect. I have seen a ton of videos on the twist and rip method and a few on the back combing. I have tried both and I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. If any one can help me that would be awesome! My hair is medium thickness, it is also straight. I have rinsed my hair with apple cyder vinegar and baking soda to help it mat up, I am using a metal comb so I can pull the hair tight to the scalp. I was wondering if I braid my hair and leave it, would the braids turn into dreads?

updated by @manda: 01/13/15 09:31:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the best way is to just let it dread..twist n rips next best u do gotta randomize it alot

whats happening when u try backcomb or tnr

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Hard to say if you are doing something wrong or not because you didn't really explain what was happening to your hair once you have backcombed or TnRed. I highly recommend natural or, if a prompter method is required then the TnR because backcombing can cause some breakage.

If what is happening is that they are coming loose or undone completely, then let them. To re-do the method would just keep setting you back to day 1. The backcombing and TnR are used to put some control on sectioning as well as "prompt" them to start dreading.... and will not give you the look of matured dreadlocks (which actually take time and patience to evolve.)

If I am way off the mark on my guess, please explain what is going on so we can maybe give some tips. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form