dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help! with Braided Dreadies

Doni Ward
@doni-ward
12 years ago
1 posts

Hello Dready Reader,

I decided to dread my hair after I experienced a miro-braid type hair style. I fell in love.

It all started January 1st 2012, my friends helped me to braid my hair back up. (I seriously regretted taking them out last summer because they were getting too dready after 3 months.) None of us expected it to be permanent, I just needed to have my braids back ASAP! I have never had a modification to my body that felt so right. I felt empty without my braids.

So, I never took them out after that.
It's going on 8 months.
Neglect method, basically.

THE PROBLEM IS THOUGH, my friends did not square out the braids, or anything like that. The hair is separated into weird chunks against my scalp. And it started to dread.

• Does anyone have any SUGGESTIONS

• As to if I should attempt to fix this (meaning brush out the locks and re-separate it into triangles/squares)
  • Or if you think it will dread up just fine, in the long term, if I leave it alone.
  • Should I take out the braided ends and dread them too? Maybe twist method?
  • Or else, I will have half-braid-half-dread. Which is pretty fun, actually.

Right now, the knotty dreads near my scalp look great with the braids. A lot of the locks are looping out, and going zig-zag on me.

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THE PHOTOS TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON HERE.

Please respond with any thoughts or comments. Thank you! I appreciate it.

PEACE AND ONE LOVE,

Doni

updated by @doni-ward: 01/13/15 09:31:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the sections are fine, seperate them by pulling them away from eachother often

take out the braids and the rest will dread up

in the wiggling double drop down menu at top theres guides on the left for seperating

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think if you just open up the braids they will continue to dread perfectly. You probably have separation at the root area because the sections are too big or because each strand for the braid is keeping it separated. They look great so far though!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form