dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Where to find washing stuff in NYC ?

ben
@ben
12 years ago
23 posts

Hi everyone !

I'm moving from my little French town to NYC in october, and I'm wondering how I'm gonna deal with the very few maintenance I use to do with my dreads.

I'm doing nothing but washing them with a local residue free / organic shampoo, and my mixture of baking soda, AVC, lavandia oil and a decoction of rosemary that grows in my garden.

I guess I may have some issues finding these natural things in a big city.

Anyone from NYC / knowing the place able to give me a few good adresses to find natural / affordable stuff to wash dreads outhere?

Easier to grow dreads when you live surrounded by green ! ^^

Have a nice day !

updated by @ben: 01/13/15 09:31:25PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Can you transplant some of the rosemary into a pot to take with you? I know many people who don't have yards that have converted their window sills and patios into potted gardens for all their herb needs.

As far as the "local residue free / organic shampoo" is concerned, if you love it enough can you just order it? If not, I'm sure that in a big city like New York you can find something comparable.

G'luck!

ben
@ben
12 years ago
23 posts

Thank you!

Unfortunately when you enter the US, you can't bring any herbs / vegetables with you from another country.

Anyway, I'm not doing a big deal of it, you're right I should find something natural enough or residue free even in NYC.

The matter is that this kind of products are generally harder to find because these are not manufactured in large quantities, so you need to know the good retailer.

I'm gonna need to snoop around the city^^

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is based out of bucks county pa but you can get them online and they are awesome

but the herbs are easy to get in nyc so is everything else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Aaah, out of the country. Hrm... not too familiar with NYC since it's across the country from me but I would imagine that there is a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Harvest House or something like that where you can get natural products. Maybe just going to google and tossing "all natural grocery NYC" into the search will give you a ton of results. :)

Let us know what you find.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form